Ch. 22: It's Go Time!

It was ruined by her alarm going off.

"Urgh! I hate the alarm clock sometimes." Luz said to herself as she got up, slapping it off. "At least my dream will come true soon."

Three AM. Two hours before Bullet gets loaded up. She got out of bed, got in the shower, drank three red bulls, and made it to the Zoo.

'I can get a nice veggie wrap to eat on the way home.' Luz thought as she walked up to the zoo group.

A small group was at the zoo, waiting for Luz to feed Bullet the meat to knock her out.

"About time you got here, it's rough for all of us." One said, taking a sip of coffee.

"Sorry, had to have a couple energy drinks to fully wake up." Luz said to them, before giving orders, "Let's get to work, I need everything set up by the time she's out. If even one thing is late, then there will be problems for the crew in San Diego. I'm going to get the meat, you guys get the stuff ready."

The group nodded to Luz as some finished their coffee, walking to the zoo docks to finish loading as Luz prepares Bullet's early morning snack. She grabbed the tray and walked into Bullet's pen. She threw the meat near the water, knowing Bullet would smell it soon.

"Now to wait." Luz said to herself, putting the tray to the side and waiting for Bullet to eat.

It didn't take long for her to emerge from the water and begin to eat it.

"So, it is time, is it?" Bullet asked while chewing.

"Yeah, it's time. Don't worry, you'll just take a little nap and wake up in a whole new habitat." Luz said to her, "Just eat your meat."

"What? Can I not know when I am going to sleep?" Bullet asked as she continued eating, already feeling drowsy.

"No, it just makes things harder when we feel guilty about doing this." Luz said to her.

Bullet wasn't one to turn down food, so she kept eating. It took twenty minutes for her to pass out after eating. Luz grabbed her radio and called it in.

"Okay, she's out and ready for transport."

"Roger that, we're in our way."

They arrived and tied Bullet's mouth. They moved her into a wooden transport box and lifted it.

"Make sure it's big enough for her to move in. Bullet may be asleep but she can still feel cramped." Luz said to them.

"Don't worry, the box is bigger enough for two with plenty of air holes. She's in good hands." One of them said as they moved the box into the truck.

They got her in the truck and drove to the airport. Luz headed back to the hotel to get her bags. She took about 30 minutes and checked the time for her planet ticket again. Her flight was to leave at 5:30am. She got out and headed for the airport. She still had an early morning cab, thankful for the driver and ask him to stop so she could get that veggie wrap she was hankering. He was gladly able to, as he has also been needing to pick up one as well. After getting her wrap she was back in the cab and made it to the Airport, with plenty of time to spare.

'Hmm, I wonder if Amity would like a small souvenir.' Luz thought as she walked towards her flight.

The run down with airport security wasn't a hassle, Luz just let them do their jobs and was on her way to boarding. She boarded her flight and waited. She had a bit of a flight, and with time zones, she was going to be exhausted, it was best to get some sleep on the flight. Plus, she drank 3 Red Bulls and they had to make her crash eventually. Better to sleep now and wake up refreshed naturally. She closed her eyes, hoping Amity was dreaming of her.