Ch. 25: Mystery Epilogue

Later, Amity and Luz returned to the apartment, ready for a little "Fun"... until Luz saw the adorable little white kitty on the couch.

"Oooh! Amity, did you get a kitty?!" Luz asked with eyes on the white cat.

"Uh... actually... my birth dad did." Amity said, "And it's not... are you even listening?"

Luz was attacking Ghost with kisses.

"Oh, you're so cute!"

Until one kiss from Luz lead to a splinter in her upper lip.

"Ouch!" Luz said as she pulled away from Ghost. "Did I just get a splinter?"

"Oh, right...did I forget to mention that Ghost is a palisman?" Amity asked with a small chuckle.

Amity pulled the splinter out and kissed it to make it feel better.

"Better?" Amity asked.

"I don't know, maybe we need to keep trying." Luz said.

Amity smiled at Luz as she kissed her again, this time longer as Ghost wants her then from Luz's arms.

"So, this is the Luz, you told me about. By the gentle and bright energy she gives off, I can see why you are betrothed to her." Ghost said.

Amity reached over and patted the cat's head.

'Not now, Ghost. Momma is getting some love.' Amity thought. 'Run along.'

"Okay, I'll leave you to making a litter." Ghost said.

Both Amity and Luz got red and pulled away.

"Ghost!" Amity said, but the cat was already gone.

"Wait, you can understand her?" Luz asked her.

"Yeah, a witch instantly understands their palisman when they bond." Amity said to her.

"And since she's also an animal, on a technicality, you can also understand her." Amity said, "Now let's break some of the Hebrew Bible's rules."

"Oh ho, someone is very feisty." Luz said, before looking down, "Did... did Eda bring over a journal sometime while I was gone?"

Amity was confused by this, feeling Luz's mood change a bit and hoped it wasn't anything big. She really hoped that.

"She actually did. The same day that I got Ghost from my father." Amity said.

"Good, that's... that's important to me." Luz said.

"Do you... want to talk about it?" Amity asked.

"No, we can talk about it later." Luz said, "Come on, let's to the bedroom."

Luz picked up Amity, surprising the witch.

"Luz! Wait for our wedding day!"

"Nope, I'm carrying you everywhere like this."

Luz carried Amity all the way to their bedroom and shut the door with her foot. Like she said, she would deal with it later, because her schedule was filled the rest of the night.