Ch. 23: Home Sweet Home

In San Diego, Amity woke up to Ghost bopping her on the head, trying to catch a fly. She may not have been a real cat, but Ghost was certainly acting like one.

"Good morning, Ghost." Amity said.

"My apologies but I'm trying to catch this little pest." Ghost said, looking at the fly.

"It's just a fly." Amity said.

"It is a pest, and it must be eliminated." Ghost said as she jumped after the fly, missing again.

Amity looked at her phone and saw that it wasn't anywhere close to the time she wakes up. She decided to go back to sleep. When she started dreaming again... she was in a crib.

'Huh? A crib?' Amity thought as she reach out, seeing her hand was small and chubby. 'Am I a baby?'

Suddenly, two figures walked up.

"Oh, look at our little witch." A woman said, "She's going to do great things... I'll make sure of it."

"Yes, dear." A man said.

Odalia walked out, leaving Alador with Amity. He looked at her and smiled. He reached down and tickled her stomach, making her laugh.

"Don't worry, you'll be a great witch, I'm sure of it." Alador said, "Despite your... problem."

Alador walked out, leaving Amity alone. Amity looked outside the crib and saw a cat plush. Amity held out her hands but couldn't reach the toy. Suddenly her hands started glowing green and something began to get created.

'Wait... w-w-what?'

A white cat was formed and then came to life. The cat looked around and saw Amity. It jumped up and sat down next to her.

"K-k-kitty!" Baby Amity said.

The cat rubbed against Amity while purring. Amity was so confused and then suddenly...

her alarm went off. She shot up in bed and started breathing heavily.

"Amity, is something wrong?" Ghost asked.

"It's... it's nothing... just a... dream?" Amity said, uncertain.

It was just a dream... right? Or....could it have been a memory she had forgotten? Amity didn't know and didn't have time to think about it as she got up and began to get ready for the day. After getting ready, she gave Ghost a kiss goodbye and headed to the zoo.

"Be good, Ghost. And DON'T leave the apartment." Amity said to her.

"Okay, Amity." Ghost said with a nod.

The door closed and Ghost just stood there for a minute before falling over on her side and going to sleep. Amity started her car and drove to the zoo.

"Luz should be back by today. I can't wait to tell her about everything." Amity said with a small smile.

"I can't wait to see her." Amity said, "I can't wait to see her beautiful face again."

Meanwhile, Luz was drooling onto her shirt while she slept on the plane, which was currently flying over Colorado. Amity pulled into her parking spot and got out. She walked to the employee entrance and smiled brightly, feeling very good for today's work. First thing she did was head to Tina's exhibit, not only having to feed them, but also wanting to tell them that Luz was coming home.

"Good morning, Tina." Amity said as she walked into the habitat.

Tina walked up to Amity, with Tyler running next to her. Amity pet Tina and then gave Tyler a scratch under the chin.

"Good news, Luz is coming back today."

Tyler, upon hearing the news began jumping around with joy. Amity smiled and let out a chuckle at the cubs antics. Amity dropped the food off and left.

"I'll see you two later, possibly with Luz." Amity said to them as she shut the door.

"I can't wait to see her again."

A couple hours later, Luz woke up, just in time for her to see the Pacific Ocean.

"This place is polluted, constantly on fire, and expensive... oh, how I've missed you California." Luz said with a smile.

No matter how bad a place was, Luz could see the good side in it. Especially a place she has so many good memories in. And so many good people in it.

'Just wait a few more hours Amity, I'll be home soon.'