CHAPTER SEVEN | HOSTAGE

Just like a shoe, if someone is meant for you, they will just fit perfectly; no forcing, no struggling, no pain.

THE ROZOVSKY HEIRS 7 | DAMIEN ALFONSO

CHAPTER SEVEN | HOSTAGE

DAMIEN

"Wait. Wait!"

Pilit akong pumapalag sa mga lalaking may hawak sa akin para mailabas ako sa bahay na may party. Pero nagtatawanan lang ang mga lalaki tapos ay patulak akong inilabas sa gate. Naiiling pa ang mga ito habang nakatingin sa akin.

"Umalis ka na." Sabi ng isa at humithit sa hawak na sigarilyo.

"I am looking for my cousin. I need to find her. She gave me an address and this is the address." Katwiran ko.

"Bro, sa hitsura mo, mukhang malabong nandito ang pinsan na sinasabi mo. You don't fucking belong here. Geeks and nerds are not allowed in this party. I don't know how you get in here. Pasalamat ka at lasing na si Pasquale kaya hindi ka pinadampot sa mga bodyguards niya." Sabi naman ng isa at katulad ng nauna ay humithit din sa hawak na sigarilyo.

Sasagot pa sana ako nang tumunog ang telepono ko at naka-receive ng text kay Saryna.

Dam-Dam. Gosh. My friend texted you the wrong address pala. I asked Holly kasi to text you the address to pick me up and she texted it wrong. Can you please pick me up here at Cali Bistro? Please. Please?

Nagtagis na ang bagang ko habang nakatingin sa text ng pinsan ko. Tumingin ako sa tatlong lalaki na nagpalabas sa akin at nagtatawanan pa ang mga ito. Napailing na lang ako at tinalikuran ko na sila at tinungo ko ang kotse ko. Painis akong sumakay at painis kong pinaandar paalis doon.

I tried to call Saryna. I am going to tell her to ask Kuya Pancho to pick her up. I am pissed right now because of what happened. She knew I don't go to places like that. I knew what she was doing. She was trying to lure me to attend those kinds of parties that she and my brother always went to. But I am not like them. I hate crowds like that.

But you got your first kiss from a crowd like that.

Saglit akong natigilan at gumaang ang pagkakaapak ko gas pedal ng sasakyan ko. Wala sa loob na nahawakan ko ang labi ko at bahagyang sinalat iyon. Pinalibot ko pa ang dila ko sa paligid ng labi ko dahil pakiramdam ko ay nararamdaman ko pa rin ang pagkakahalik ng babae sa akin. Ganoon pala ang halik. The feeling was... different. I... I can't explain what kind of feeling that was. It felt the whole world around me stopped but my whole body was on fire. Her lips were soft. Sweet. Like a cotton candy that I wanted to taste again and again.

Damn it. I never knew that a kiss could be addicting like that.

But who was she? I had never seen that woman before. She got a pretty face. I could never forget a pretty face like that. I mean, I had seen women in the university every day and they all looked like the same. Face full of thick make-up, doctor enhanced nose, eyes, boobs. I knew it because I could hear students from the canteen talking about what the doctors enhanced to their bodies and face. But not that one. The woman who kissed me, her face was so immaculate. So serene.

I heaved a sigh. But she was in that party. I knew people who attend parties like that. Wild. Heavy drinkers and smokers. Drug users. Just like my brother and my cousin. That woman was there and I am sure she was like those people in that party.

But she doesn't smell alcohol and cigarette. She looked normal when she kissed you.

Mahina akong napamura. Pati ang isip ko ay nakikipagtalo sa akin. Pilit kong inialis sa isip ko ang babaeng iyon. I knew something happened that was why she kissed me. Maybe a dare or anything because no woman in their right mind would kiss a nobody like me.