Dhoni's Maiden Centuries

So here's an interesting thing that I noticed quite recently that is related to MS Dhoni's first ODI and Test centuries.

(Unfortunately, he didn't have the chance to score a century in T20I or I'm sure that he might had done that too)

-------

I'm sure all Dhoni fans know that MSD had announced his arrival in international cricket when he scored his maiden ODI century against Pakistan in Vishakhapatnam.

It was Dhoni's fifth international match and quite possibly his last chance to prove that he deserved his spot in the Indian Cricket Team.

MS Dhoni scored 148 runs before getting caught a bit short of the boundary.

Dhoni had made his ODI debut against Bangladesh in December 2004 and scored his first century against Pakistan around the start of the following year.

-------

Now coming to his first Test career, Dhoni made his debut against Sri Lanka in December 2005 but even here his first series went by with him not scoring many runs.

His first big innings in Test cricket came around the start of the new year against Pakistan.

(I know that this video shows his score as 144 when he was leaving, but that was actually an error from the broadcaster. You can check the final scorecard of this match to confirm.)

Coincidently, MS Dhoni again scored 148 runs before he was sent back to the pavilion.

-------

Also, MSD scored his first century in ODI and Test cricket during the second match of his second international series or rather his fifth international match in that particular format.

The big match also came around the start of the new calendar year right after he made his debut in the last month of the previous year.

Another interesting thing is that in both cases it was the Pakistani bowlers who were on the receiving end of the Dhoni mayhem.