It's not Goodbye

Hey guys 👋🏻

Thank you for choosing to read this story

The above picture is my first Mahiya-Dada fanart

If you like this story then please vote, comment and share with your friends

~~~~~~~

This oneshot is about the time Sourav Ganguly aka Dada was playing his last match as an Indian Cricketer

~~~~~~~

Mahi couldn't believe his ears what he had just heard. Sourav Ganguly, his beloved Dada, had decided to retire from international cricket.

He was so angry that he had decided not to talk to the man no matter what.

Mahi planned to ignore his big brother as punishment for taking such a big decision without informing him first.

Unfortunately for him, his plan didn't last very long because Dada knew his kids a little too well.

Once the ignoring plan failed, Mahi went back to acting like the stubborn kid that he was and took every possible opportunity to be pampered by his Dada.

~~~~~~~

The match was going well and Mahi was happy until his Dada got out on a duck in the second innings.

He couldn't believe that the great Sourav Ganguly was going to leave international cricket with a golden duck.

The match went on with Mahi scoring yet another half century before guiding his bowlers to stop the opposition from chasing their set target.

The great Sourav Ganguly was playing his last international match, but Mahi couldn't think of a deserving farewell gesture from his side for his former captain.

He had been careful not to mention anything about his idea in front of anyone because if his Dada heard about it then he would immediately put a stop to it.

~~~~~~~

On the last day of the test match Sourav Ganguly was given a guard of honour since it was the last time, he would be walking on the cricket field to represent his country.

During the lunch break, Sachin Paaji was talking to Dada about how the day he was playing his last match as an Indian cricketer was also the day he first walked out as the Indian captain a few years ago.

Dada simply smiled because his best friend always seemed to remember all kinds of cricket facts that hadn't really mattered much to him after everything he had been through during the past few years.

Listening to this gave Mahi an idea for the special thing he wanted to do for his Dada and he did his best to maintain a poker face to avoid drawing any unnecessary attention to himself.

~~~~~~~

It was towards the end of the match when India was in a commanding position that Dada was thinking back to the highlights of his illustrious career.

He felt quite detached from the ongoing game as he thought back to all the highs and lows of his long career.

Suddenly his self-musing was interrupted by one of his most special little brothers.