Chapter 10: Ultimate Airship

(Fighting Tooth and Veil - (The Super Mario Bros. Movie OST))

Peach and Daisy jerked at the bars of their cages as they hung inside a chapel within Bowser's Ultimate Airship. Try as they might, the two young women's efforts proved fruitless, and they collapsed into fits of exhausted panting.

"I don't wanna die." Daisy muttered and curled herself up against the bars. Peach saw the fear in her eyes, then shivered a little herself.

"They don't want to kill us, Daisy.......It's much worse than that."

Before Daisy could even ask what she meant, the doors burst open and the Koopalings raced in cackling. Wendy threw flowers from a basket while Ludwig climbed onto a Piano and began playing the wedding march. The others ushered up various koopas, goombas, and other minions into the seats. Daisy's heart began to pound faster and faster as she put the pieces together. A sharp yelp escaped her mouth as Bowser and Morton Sr. entered the chapel wearing tuxedos. Bowser wore the same white one he had a year earlier while Morton Sr. donned a black one.

"No! No! No!" Daisy hyperventilated as the Koopa brothers approached the altar with Kamek.

"Oh Peaches, it's exactly as I imagined it. The happiest day of my life." Bowser stroked her cage but Peach delivered a sharp kick to his finger and grunted in pain. "Hmp, feisty as ever. Good." His evil grin made Peach shutter.

"Why are you doing this!?" Daisy stuttered as Morton Sr. loomed over her cage with malevolence in his face.

"Hmm, hmm, hmmm, this." He held up the Chaos Heart. "It's powerful, but the only way to unlock its true potential is through the most chaotic act imaginable. The marriage of a fair princess to a fire-breathing monster!" Morton Sr. gestured to Peach then his brother.

"My plan was originally to have my brother marry Peach like he always wanted and unlock the Heart's power. But then, you came along my dear. Another fair princess. So I started to wonder just how powerful the Chaos Heart would become if not one but two princesses married two fire-breathing monsters! Plus, my children could use a stepmother." The koopalings cackled louder and Daisy's face turned white as snow when they all turned to her.

"Let us begin!" Kamek conjured up a book and turned the two women toward the Koopa brothers.

"No! I won't do it!" Peach roared, but Bowser shook her cage.

"Oh, this won't go like last time, Peaches. I promise you." Bowser cackled and gestured out a balcony to the Mushroom Kingdom below. There hundreds of transformed toads, including kappa Toad lay in slave labor to Bowser's troops below.

"No." Peach and Daisy muttered together.

"Get this through your beautiful head, Peaches. You have lost. Mario is dead, and now you're about to become Queen Bowsette!"

"My King!" A blue shelled captain raced in, pale and out of breath.

"What!?" Bowser snarled, ready to turn him into a dry bones.

"We, we have a problem." The koopa stuttered and Bowser went cold.

"No, no, no, no, don't tell me." Bowser turned his head back to the balcony and almost collapsed as he saw two figures riding atop Yoshis toward the Mushroom Kingdom.

"I knew it."

"Luigi!" Peach and Daisy pulled themselves closer.

"Let's-a go!" Mario and Luigi cried.

"Yoshi!" Green and Blue Yoshi cried with Yellow and Red Yoshi. They charged towards the occupied Mushroom capital, but not alone.

"For the Princess!" A toad elder cried and soon hundreds of toads and toadettes followed their heroes with any weapons they could muster. Alongside the toads came more wild yoshis and the Polterup.