Chapter 11: The Mario Brothers

(Recommended theme: Koopa's Theme / Ultimate Koopa [NEW REMIX] - Super Mario 64 | Super Smash Bros. Ultimate)

Mario and Luigi faced off against Bowser and Morton Sr. Luigi struggled not to tremble, but with his brother beside him found his courage.

"Last chance, Bowser. Let them go and return the toads to normal." Mario squared up to the King of the Koopas who cackled.

"Or what, little human?"

"Or we'll kick your tail like last time."

"Like last time! " Bowser snarled and breathed fire from his nostrils. "Last time you two fools had the Star of Invincibility! This time you have nothing but your feeble human bodies, no power-ups. Plus it's not just me this time, but my brother!"

"And the Chaos heart!" Morton roared as he held the shadowy power-source up.

"What chance do the Mario Brothers have against the Koopa Brothers!?"

"We've got all we need right here, Bowser." Mario and Luigi touched their fists together and took a fighting stance. "Get ready, here we go!"

"Grau!" Bowser arched his head back and unleashed a jet of fire at the plumbers. Morton Sr. likewise reabsorbed the Chaos Heart and conjured hammer-shaped bursts of dark energy which he then hurled at them.

"Watch out!" Luigi scrambled to the right while Mario slid across the deck and came up after a summersault. Bowser wasted no time and lashed out with his claws, fangs, and tail. However, Mario evaded each blow with a combination of jumps, ducks, and acrobatic flips. Luigi, had to perform similar maneuvers against the barrage of dark hammers thrown at him.

"Stand still so I can crush you!" Bowser snarled again. Mario kept up his evasion but could not mount a counterattack either.

"Luigi, any ideas!?"

"Working on it!" Luigi yelped as Morton Sr. unleashed more hammers. It was only then that the plumber brothers realized that their evasive maneuvers slowly brought them closer together. The same idea popped into their heads and with an assured smile, they ran straight for each other. Mario jumped up and seized two of Morton's hammers by the handle which burned a little. However, Mario grit his teeth and hurled them into Bowser's fire.

"Jus what I neededs!" The dark hammers survived the flames and slammed Bowser's mouth shut.

"Bro!" Morton Sr. and Bowser skidded to a halt while Mario came down and Luigi jumped up. "Here we come!" Mario and Luigi kicked off each others' legs and slammed their fists into the Koopa Brothers' mouths. Both landed on their backs with painful grunts while Mario and Luigi scooped up more hammers and hurled them further up the ship.

"Watch out!" They shouted to the Princesses who understood and backed away from the bars. Both hammers tore through the cages and gave their prisoners a path to freedom.

"That's it! Now let's-" Peach readied herself to join the fight when she and Daisy spotted Kamek back on his broomstick.

"Filthy human scum!" He hissed with his wand back in his hand.

"No you don't!" Peach and Daisy both leaped out of the cages and landed on Kamek's broom.

"Yaah!" Kamek flailed around and tried to cast magic but the Princesses mauled him worse than a chain chomp.

Meanwhile Bowser and Morton Sr. went inside their shell sand spun around, spikes out.

"Uh oh!" Mario and Luigi jumped and flipped themselves away but the Koopa Brothers moved too fast and knocked them into the ship's railing.