𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖲𝖤𝖵𝖤𝖭: 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖲𝖾𝖾𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌, 𝖫𝖺𝖽𝗌?

~

Turns out, Gwen wasn't fine with Miles. About two minutes after our departure from the scene, she had changed her mind, shoving him in with Hobie and I, instead. Bro was NOT happy about it.

~

"Are you bleeding from your armpits or something, fam?" I gesture with my free hand towards the red stripe running down the boy's suit.

"Why do people keep asking me that?"

"It's a valid question, mate. I was wondering the same thing." Hobie cackles at how whiney Miles was acting, despite him not being that much younger than himself.

Miles lets out something that can only be called a growl of annoyance, averting his gaze.

"Sorry, didn't mean to piss you off." He's already mad he couldn't go with Gwen and Pavitr- probably best I try smoothing things over.

Miles hums appreciatively at my piss-poor attempt of making peace.

"Your webs are so cool! Is that natural?"

"Uh, yeah!" I blush beneath my mask.

"Not the only cool thing about her, Morales. It only gets better once you get to know her." Hobie winks at me, earning himself a grin.

~

Eventually, we sneak into the Super-Collider control room, lounging lazily in the corner.

"You seeing this, lads?" Cracking his knuckles, Hobie nods his head towards the inactive collider.

"Not much of a tech guy, but that looks complicated as shit," I say, Miles nodding in agreement. "How long do you think the others will be? I don't really want to be stuck in here forever, just watching the collider. I get we are making sure nothing happens while that demented dalmatian is here, but surely we will get noticed by someone soon."

"Nah, they seem to be pretty focused." Miles chimes in. I mean, he's not wrong.

A mixture of men in turbans and a few women all tap away at their keyboards, staring intently at their screens, seemingly oblivious to that fact that three weirdly-clothed strangers are just mulling around in the corner.

"Tell me about yourself, kilometres. All I've heard about you is from this wanker." Nudging Hobie in the arm, he suddenly grabs me, putting me in a headlock.

"Sorry, sorry!" I squeak, wriggling in his grasp.

He releases me after a minute, my dizzy head instantly recovering once I straighten out.

Each of us slide our backs down the wall, settling down onto the carpeted floor of the control room.

"Soooo, I like art. Drawing, mostly." He starts off shy, gaining confidence as he goes on. "And comic books! I love comic books. Which has made me buy a lot of collectables, too. They line my wall in my room. Still in their packaging, of course. I'm not a monster."

I chuckle politely at his joke, urging him to go on.

"What about your family and stuff?" I ask.

"I have my mum, Rio Morales, and my dad, Jefferson Morales. I had my uncle Aaron but..." He trails off.

I nod in understanding. "All the spider people have lost at least one person. We get you."

He smiles beneath the mask. I do, too, glad to be of some kind of comfort to my new companion.

Hobie, who had been silently listening before, now taps my shoulder lightly. Turning to my left, I raise a brow in question.

"Young'un just sent a keyboard smash. Dunno what's up, but it ain't good if he doesn't even have a second to type out somethin' coherent."

Only seconds after he finishes his sentence, a crash rings out.

The door to the control room has been blown off its hinges, by a blur of black and white, shooting towards the Super-Collider.

"Shit."

"Shit, indeed."

~

A/N:

The next chapter will not reflect the actual scene whatsoever. i literally cannot remember what happens in at at ALL. i will try my very hardest.

anyways, CUTE MILES Y/N MOMENT AWWWW

they finna be great buddies dw

edit from later: holy dickens am i dumb?
just went on tiktok and i think i switched two scenes around???? i put the bridge scene before the collider scene, and i think the collider scene is actually supposed to be b4 the bridge one 😭 who cares this is my story BETCHHHHHH

edit later later: ok ok I won't do anything to fix it in these prior chapters, I will just put the real bridge scene after i write the collider scene. peepeepoopoo

 peepeepoopoo