𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖱𝖳𝖸-𝖥𝖨𝖵𝖤: 𝖨 𝖣𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝖢𝖺𝗋𝖾

a/n
kinda oopsie doo doo forgot to post this last night but i'm posting it now so it's fine hehe

~

Managing to hold up my weight is a difficult task, to say the least. Slumped into his chest, I burrow my nose into his shirt.

Him.

Him?

Him.

It felt right; perfect, even.

Warm arms enclose me against his chest, and I can feel their definition even through my shirt. One hand travels the length of my spine to tangle in my hair, fingertips applying light pressure to my scalp.

"I don't deserve you."

"What makes you say that, sweetheart?" Hobie murmurs into my hair, fingers massaging over my aching head.

"I'm a monster." I make an attempt to pull away, but those lovely arms keep me in place. The hand once running through my hair slides out from within my tresses, coming to rest on my cheek. Callouses caress my face as he tilts my head so that I finally meet his eyes.

Deep chocolate bores into the e/c of my irises.

They say that one's eyes are the window to their soul; and I'm starting to believe it.

It's almost as if I can see the thoughts that rush through his head at lightning speed. Each memory, dark and bright, flashes through his eyes like I'm rapidly flicking through a picture book.

"You're not a monster." It comes out in a whisper, his breath tickling at my lips as he speaks.

"You literally just watched 2 new sets of legs protrude from my spine... Why aren't you scared of me?" I hate that my voice shakes. I hate that I let myself slip into such a vulnerable state around him. I hate how he makes me feel.

But I can't bring myself to hate him.

Hobie sighs, letting his fingers trail along my jawline. "We were expecting something to happen to you. I was prepared for something... Unpredictable."

Weird. Disgusting. Fucked up. Gross. Repulsive.

The words go unspoken.

"Let's get you cleaned up then, shall we?" The weight of my head feels too much for my neck, and I let it loll back into his chest.

I can't help but take in the intoxicating scent of him. Cheap cologne, cigarette ash, lightly scented soap. It rushes over me, numbing me into a bubble of solace.

I hardly notice that we've started to move, and I assume that we are in pursuit of the bathroom, as my vision is obscured by the soft cotton of his t-shirt. My steps are slow and sluggish, but he doesn't seem to mind carrying my weight, arms situated around my waist to keep my partially limp body securely abut to his.

The sound of a doorknob twisting fills my ears, and the yellow lighting of the bathroom peaks through the darkness of Hobie's shirt.

I let out a squeal as I feel myself being lifted, my ass connecting with the cold ceramic of the bathroom vanity. His big hands rest on my thighs as he looks up at me.

"Hey."

"Hi." I whisper in response. His eyes crinkle at the corners as his lips curl into a pretty smile, flashing white teeth. I can't help but mirror his expression, receding into an airhead at the sight of his casual beauty.

After a few beats, his eyes leave mine, and he starts to pull things out of the drawers.

Cotton pads, antiseptic, steri-strips, band aids, and a few other items now line the free space surrounding the basin. Humming to himself, Hobie begins pouring antiseptic onto a fresh cotton pad.

"Let me know where ya think ya 'ave cuts, aye?" He starts to swipe the cotton pad over the blood-tainted skin beneath my eyes, applying gentle pressure to my jaw with his free hand to keep me steady. Focused eyes run over my face, and against my will, my cheeks heat beneath his scrutiny. Seemingly satisfied with his handy work, Hobie moves to the crimson matter still drying on my neck. One strong hand tilts my head backwards, forcing my eyes to the ceiling.

I feel way too malleable in such a situation, just letting him control my position, my movements. The glare of the yellow lights burns into my eyes, forcing them shut. Breathing and the sound of cotton on skin are the only discernible noises to be heard in the bathroom.

"Show me ya back now, sweets." I do as he says, swivelling my position so that he has better access to my back. My breath catches in my throat as I feel my shirt lift from my skin.

I'm completely unable to see what he's doing, what he's seeing, which makes me nervous. He catches my unease, as I had begun to squirm slightly in discomfort.

Hands suddenly grasp my hips, pushing me down on the ceramic. "Sit still, sugar."

"I thought we talked about you not calling me that."

Wet cotton swipes over the base of my spine. "Yeah, we talked about it. I didn't agree to shit."

I huff in annoyance. "Fuck you."

"Please do."

"Oh my god, I hate you so much right now." Groaning, I roll my eyes at his immature behaviour, even though I'm aware he's unable to see my reaction.

"But the distraction is working, is it not? Ya didn't feel a thing." My shirt rolls back down.

"Huh?" Only now do I realise some of the steri-strips are missing from their place on the counter.

"You had a cut just above ya waistband. But she's all patched up now." He gives my hips a good squeeze before turning me back around to face him.

Hands resting either side of me, Hobie wedges himself between my thighs. Due to his height, we are nearly eye level. Even in such unflattering light, his appealing features never cease to draw me in.

"You're staring." He teases, an easy-going smirk gracing his perfectly full lips.

"I don't care." My eyes now comfortably rest their gaze on his mouth, studying how the light reflects on its matte surface. I find myself leaning in slightly.

Do I stop myself?

Or do I close the distance?

~

A/N:

everybody go follow my tiktok right now or you hate hobie

everyone go follow my tiktok right now or y/n will end up with toby

everyone go follow my tiktok right now or i will never update again

I will mostly post sneak peeks for new chapters, just dumb shitposts, polls for what should happen in coming chapters (like date ideas, any specific scenarios you want to see, ect), maybe even a little bit of Call of Duty: MW2 content!

if that interests you (which it definitely does, don't kid yourself), my username is 'michaeljacksonisking_' (some dumb cunt took michaeljacksonisking so i had to put a stoopid underscore at the end of it like a little unoriginal bitch)

thats all!