𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖭𝖨𝖭𝖤: 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖢𝖺𝗇'𝗍 𝖲𝗍𝗈𝗉 𝖺 𝖢𝖺𝗇𝗈𝗇 𝖤𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍

~

"For fuck's sake."

The bridge had started to collapse, due to the hole we had saw prior swallowing the foundations of it.

"I thought you had it handled!"

"We did! It had vanished when we continued chasing Spot to the collider- It must have reappeared once he got stronger from the energy build up." Gwen was devastated.

"OK, OK, let's get this sorted out, yeah?" Can't have her freaking out on us now. Pav was already on the edge of breaking. His whole dimension was falling apart.

~

Pavitr was holding the falling bus by a singular web, gripping himself to the asphalt of the road.

"Inspector Singh!" He called, desperate.

Gwen and I were too busy getting the civilians out of the rubble and to safety to hear.

But Miles heard.

"I got 'em, I got 'em!"

"Miles!" Gwen grasps his arm before he can go.

"Don't worry! Thread the needle, ring the bell, right?" He chuckles anxiously.

"Its too dangerous."

"I'll be OK, I promise." His voice shakes as he wriggles out of her grip and launches down.

"Miles! No!" Gwen reaches her hand out helplessly.

"Hey, he'll be fine!" I grab her shoulder, turning her worried gaze to my calm one. "We gotta trust him."

"It's not just that! I-" She cuts off, breathing heavy, she lets her head drop.

"What?" I crouch down so I could see her face better.

"You- You can't stop a canon event!"

"A canon event? Like, something in the story made to happen?" I dig deep into my brain for what Valeesha had told me about the topic.

"Yes! We all have one! You have to have one! It keeps balance!"

"So, you're saying Pavitr's canon event is that he has to choose between saving his girlfriend, and saving his girlfriend's dad? That's terrible!" So, Valeesha was MY canon event?

"What's terrible is that if Miles interrupts it, it turns the dimension corrupt." Her voice breaks.

"Shit. Shit, what do we do?"

"Nothing, now."

We watch the scene play out, helpless. Miles had slung Mr. Singh over his shoulder, now making his way to the little girl. Rubble falls down around them, kicking up dust.

Hobie, Gwen and I shoot over to the next bridge pillar over, out of breath, before dropping down to the rubble that had closed in around the Miles and co.

With a grunt, Hobie helps Pavitr drag the bus back onto stable ground, while I flit through the rubble for any casualties.

"No no no no no!" Gwen pushes a fallen pillar out the way like its nothing, frantically searching for her friend.

"Please, no! Miles?" Desperate, she flings rubble left and right.

I turn at the sound of her gasp. Lifting up a big piece of foundation, Miles resurfaces, along with a terrified little girl.

"You're alright." Gwen manages, voice high in relief.

"I promised."

Out comes Inspector Singh, adjusting his glasses like that was just a walk in the park.

By then, the boys had managed to lift up the bus fully, now helping the passengers out of the vehicle. Pav hugs his thoroughly confused girlfriend, sputtering out relieved words at top speed.

Noticing his mistake he clears his throat, patting her on the shoulder awkwardly. "You seem like a nice young woman, that I do not know."

"Papa!"

"Gayatri!"

Gayatri runs into her father's embrace. Man, I wish my father hadn't dipped.

"Not bad, right?"

I move to Gwen's side, giving her a reassuring pat on the back.

~

A/N:

got that one song from the trolls stuck in my head bc me and my friend were singing it the other day LOLOLOL