𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖶𝖤𝖭𝖳𝖸-𝖥𝖨𝖵𝖤: 𝖧𝗈𝗐 𝖣𝗈 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖪𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝖶𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖨 𝖲𝗆𝖾𝗅𝗅 𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾?

~

Hobie POV:

As we step out the portal, I immediately feel her weighing me down. y/n clutches my shoulder with one hand, the other tangled in her hair, seemingly massaging her scalp.

"n/n? Is there anythin' I can do?" I feel terrible seeing her like this... It hurts watching that pretty face contort in pain.

"I-I'm fine," She gulps in breaths of the chilly night air before continuing. "Jus' need to sit down and get some painkillers."

"Right-o." I help her through the window, her shaking form pressed against me for support. "I'll be right back." I say, hightailing it to the kitchen to grab some pills to ease her headache.

When I get back, she's lying on the couch, head knocked back in exhaustion. Handing her the pills and some water, I sit down on the other end of the lounge, pulling her legs over mine. "Lyla's attachment didn't last 'at long, eh?"

"Sadly, no." Swallowing the pills, she rubs at her temples. "About that surprise.."

"Oh! Totally forgot 'bout it." I shoot up from the couch cushions, and make my way to my bedroom. Picking up the basket, I get to the doorway. "Close ya eyes!"

She does as I says, and I creep over, setting the present down on the coffee table.

I sit beside her, getting comfortable. "Open 'em."

"What's this?" Curiosity fills her face, as she picks up the basket, placing it on her lap.

"I thought if you wanted to come over 'ore often, you should have some things at my place." I explain, watching as she starts to rifle through the items.

"Oh, you're too sweet!" She squeals. "You even got me a hair turban!" She picks up the bottle of body wash, giving it a whiff. "How did you know I like lavender?"

"You smell like lavender, so I just assumed."

She quirks a brow at me, a smirk evident on her face. "How do you know what I smell like?" She teases.

"Shuddup and keep looking through it." I grumble, feeling my face heat in mild embarrassment.

"Ooo, face masks! We can do them together!" Her smile is contagious.

After viewing each item briefly, she puts them back neatly and places the basket back onto the coffee table. "Thank you so much, Hobes! I love it! But you do know this means I'm, like, never leaving your house again."

I chuckle. That was my intention.

"Also..." I reach one arm behind the couch, and bring forth a wash basket full of jumpers. "Since you like my jumpers so much, I gathered a few. You can keep them here, and maybe take a few home if you want."

Her face lights up for the millionth time that day. Wasting no time, y/n starts browsing the hoodies. She pulls out a dark grey jumper with thumb holes, and the Metallica logo on the front. "I already know this one is gonna be my favourite. After the one I'm currently wearing, of course." Setting the basket aside, she jumps onto me.

"Thank you, Hobie. I love it so much, you really know how to cheer me up." She mumbles into my neck, breath tickling me. I mirror her actions, wrapping my arms tight around her torso. I let her bury her face into my neck, chest rising and falling against mine. I'm about to explode.

Eventually, she pulls away, face falling. "Mal told me. About... My parents. My sister. Alchemax."

I fold her hands between mine, squeezing lightly. "You don't have to tell me, if you aren't comfortable."

"No, no, I am. I just think I will save it for the meeting with Miguel, so I don't have to relay it twice."

"Good idea."

We sit there for a while, hands intertwined. She's seemingly deep in thought, her eyes glazed over. I let her unwind, not wanting to disrupt the peaceful state she had finally managed to get into.

~

Y/N POV:

I stare out the window of his apartment, trying to keep it together.

I will have to leave my home.

My only family member left.

I can't see any of my friends from my dimension.

I will be stuck in an unfamiliar place for who knows how long.

What the FUCK do I do?

The only thing keeping me grounded is the occasion squeeze of my hand from Hobie, reminding me I'm safe.

Safe.

I'm sure gonna miss feeling safe.

I rip my eyes from the sights outside the window. 'Don't let your mind control you' is what Mal had said during my first panic attack. 'You are your own person, free to do as you please. Don't let the voices in your head taunt you. Don't let them win'.

My eyes travel to his face. He's already looking at me, eyes twinkling with an emotion I quite can't catch.

"Hey." Hobie says softly, squeezing my hand against his.

"Hey." I say, voice equally as soft.

"Should we go see big booty judy now?"

"You used my joke!"

"I couldn't resist."

I sigh. "Yeah. Gotta face the music. But, can you like, make sure I don't die once we go through?"

"Always."

~

A/N:

sorry for the short chapters lately lol
i hate this chapter #ignoreit

sorry for the short chapters lately lol i hate this chapter #ignoreit

(btw i love that guy and i want to kidnap him)