𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖶𝖤𝖭𝖳𝖸-𝖥𝖮𝖴𝖱: 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖤𝗑𝖼𝗂𝗍𝖾 𝖬𝖾

~

"I will talk to Miguel as soon as possible. But jefa, what about you? I can't leave you here alone!"

"You will have to. I won't lose you too."

"I love you, Ma. So much." I mumble into her shoulder, gripping her tight.

"I love you too, my darling girl. I'm sorry I didn't tell you the truth sooner."

"No need for apologies. I get why you did." I sniffle, pulling back. "I... I should probably go talk to Miguel, then."

Maleena dabs at her eyes with a tissue. "Yes, of course."

I can't bring myself to bid her farewell. Instead, I pick up my phone from the table and walk into my room, on pursuit to my window.

Slipping my phone out my pocket, I immediately dial the number that has been engraved into my brain.

He picks up on the second ring. "Sugar?"

"Hobie." Is all I manage, voice hoarse.

"I'm on my way."

~

Legs dangling off the fire escape, I look out over the city. Police sirens sound in the distance.

"Hey, sweetheart." I feel him sit next to me, his body heat radiating.

"Hi."

"I see you're still in my jumper."

I look down at my clothes. "Oh."

Hobie tucks his arm around me, pressing my body into his heat. "It looks better on you."

Turning my head to him, I see a smirk lining his lips. Don't look at me like that, I'm unraveling. "I beg to differ."

His smirk splits into a grin that lights up his beautiful features. "Was that a compliment, lovely?"

I mirror his expression, leaning into him. "Maybeeeee."

"You spoil me." His warmth leaves me as he gets back up, stretching an arm out to help me up. I take it, letting him pull me up next to him. "Let's go back to my place, I have a surprise for you."

"Oh?" I quirk a brow. "Wait, that reminds me!" I slip from his grasp and climb back through the window, retrieving the rings I had bought that morning.

~

Hobie POV:

I watch as she climbs back out onto the fire escape, one hand staying behind her back. Her entire face is lit up with excitement, stirring something low in my gut.

"I... Got this for us at the market today." y/n's hand comes out from behind her, revealing a small box, which she hands to me.

"What's this?" I gently open the box, which reveals two rings, one with a guitar attachment, one with a cutout in a guitar shape. My eyes meet hers. She averts her gaze, shy.

"It's ok if you don't like it, I-" She's cut off by me grabbing her hand, slipping the thin band over her ring finger.

She stands stock still in shock, watching as I bring that hand to my lips, lightly kissing her soft skin. "I love it." I murmur against her fingers.

"T-that's good."

I smile, the back of her hand still pressed to my cheek. I watch in glee as a red flush creeps up her neck at my advances. "What's wrong, sugar? You're a little red."

Mouth slightly agape, she doesn't answer. My heart is practically beating out my chest, thumping hard against my ribs. "You know before when you said its rude to flirt with someone you have no interest in?"

y/n dips her head slightly in a nod, breaths coming out short.

"Would someone who's not interested in you feel like this?" I lower her hand from my cheek, down to my chest, pressing her palm flat over my heart. Its beats somehow speed up even more at the feeling of her.

Her breath catches. That feeling in my gut reels its head at her reaction, fluttering and flitting through my stomach. How do you make me feel this way?

~

Y/N POV:

He looks down at me with those enchanting eyes, before pressing my palm against his heart. It beats hard and fast against my hand. My pulse heightens in response.

I feel my breath catch, my head dizzy. "I..."

Do I really have such an affect on him?

"You excite me." He whispers, before bringing my hand back to his face. My hand automatically cups his cheek gently, and I feel the scolding heat of his flushed face. Butterflies tumble through my stomach.

Clearing my throat, I slip my hand from his face and down to his bicep. "I thought we were going back to yours?"

Slipping an arm around my waist, he pushes me lightly to his side. "Wow, subject change. Ouch. But yes, we should get going."

He leads me into the gateway, body hot against mine. What the fuck was that?

~

A/N:

im giggling over this wtf

why dont they make men like this ???????????????????????????????????????????????

if ur a bit confused on why i said shes going to see miguel but is going back to hobie's shes not going right away. they will go to his place, then to miguel, mk?

 they will go to his place, then to miguel, mk?