#7 | conflict

hii for all my readers who knew abt this chap being split up originally... i merged them cause why not....

 i merged them cause why not

"hey, n/n." her older brother promptly took a seat next to her on the roof of their little home.

the glistening lights of the city flickered on her disheartened face and the bustling noises of the slums were down to a gentle lull, put to rest with the sun. "are you really leaving?"

"scholarship and all, I have to, y/n." he exhaled softly.

"I know... I just feel like I'm being left behind."

"you're a smart kid, y/n," he scooted closer to her, evoking a brow raise on her part. her brother draped an arm lazily around her shoulders, his attention drawn to the glittering stars in the sky, which were outshone by the sparkling lights of the city. "you got that kid, don't you? what was his name again?"

"michael."

"I can't say I agree with all his methods, but if he makes you happy..."

the (h/c)-haired girl pushed her elder brother lightly, a light scoff thrown his way. "don't act like you haven't stolen."

a lighthearted smile formed on his face. "he seems to like you a lot," he paused, before quickly adding to his statement. "I would know, it takes one to know one."

y/n relaxed and lightly chuckled, nudging her brother away with her shoulder. "you're so cheesy."

────────────────────

"heard your brother left." kaiser brought up in-between munches of his lunch.

y/n, herself, was eating some leftovers from last night's dinner. ever since her brother got a job two years ago, they'd been able to afford to eat more than once a day. and her brother promised to send money when he was abroad at his all-expenses-paid university. "mhm, what's it to you?"

"wha- I-" his mouth was hung open in disbelief and his hands were on his head. "what's it to me?! I'm gonna miss that guy, we were like brothers from other mothers!"

y/n blinked at him incredulously. "be real, he hated your guts." she stated monotonously before resuming to eat.

"wha- no, he didn't!"

"is this news to you?" she heaved a mix between a sigh and a giggle.

"well, yes! I thought I made a good impression!"

she pointed threateningly at his face with her fork. "if sneaking into my bedroom and causing a ruckus in the middle of the night is a good impression."

"in my defense, you did say I could come over whenever I please."

she leaned across her desk and pinched him on the arm. "I said not to let my mom or brother know."