Chapter 1: A Theater Room

Third person POV

When Grey says his goodbyes

"Right," Grey smiled back, holding out his hand. "Regardless. Thank you for everything you've done for me."

Alaric took his hand. "You paid well and offered me some kind of...hell, I don't know, purpose or something, in my old age." Alaric's gravelly voice grew hoarse. "Well get going then, Grey, before a Scythe crashes down on our heads and makes this whole sad story for naught."

Grey nodded, giving Alaric a firm handshake before speaking, "Arthur. Call me Arthur."

"Arthur," he repeated to him slowly. His brows furrowed in thought as he wondered where he heard that name. Suddenly, it clicked as he remembered, his eyes darting to Arthur before widening.

"As in-" "I better get going," Arthur said with an amused smirk.

"Right." Alaric let out a stiff laugh, fumbling with the runic token in his hand before touching it to the marble. With a soft hum, an opalescent portal appeared in the frame. "You be coming back from...wherever it is you're going?"

"I'm not sure," he admited. "But I expect I will eventually."

"Well, when you do, look your old uncle Al up." He leaned against the portal frame and crossed his arms over his belly. "Unless I've already drank myself to death, in which case, you took too bloody long."

Regis trotted along beside Arthur as they approached the portal, and Alaric bent down to give Regis a pat on the head. "Take good care of the boy, got it?"

Regis turned in a circle, nipped at Alaric's finger, then jumped back into Arthur.

'I'm going to miss that old codger,' he said, a hint of a whimper in his voice.

Arthur gave the old drunk one last smile. "Goodbye, Alaric."

He winked. "See you later, Arty boy."

Shaking his head, he braced himself for what was to come and stepped into the portal.

It wasn't what he was expecting, to say the least.

It looked like a scene from his old world, a theater room, with rows of seats and a massive screen at the front.

It was dark, and Arthur couldn't see much, until flashes of light flared all over the room and people appeared, voices accompanying them.

(guess who)

"Where'd my alcohol go?!"

"Huh, I don't have my cactus. And where are we?"

"Damn it! I was about to finish my invention!"

Multiple voices screamed out, some in frustration and others in fear.

Another light beamed across the room, and a figure appeared floating in the air.

"Now now, people! Settle down, choose your seats and let's watch a tragedy!" A cheerful shouted, and everybody who was speaking had their mouths shut forcefully, nobody able to make a sound.

The figure was that of a child, and he was holding a large book to his chest that read "The Beginning After the End"

A/N: What scenes should be reacted to first? If you didn't already, comment on this chapter or the one before. I'll be checking frequently. Thanks for reading!