Chapter 4: Sylvia

Third person POV

________________________________

One day, as I was meditating and using strict movement techniques to better control my mana, Sylvia suddenly interrupted, "Art. Try absorbing mana while you are making movements. Ideally you should be able to absorb at least a fraction of the mana you would during meditation while you are fighting . Although you would be spending mana faster than you can absorb mana, you will be able to prolong the usage of your mana."

(I skipped some parts of the chapter that I thought wouldn't make much of a difference. Sorry.)
________________________________

"Is it possible for the lances to learn this technique?" Blaine Glayder asked, greedily.

"Nope!" The Librarian said, and Blaine was now angrily staring at him.

"And why is that? If they learned this technique, they would become much more powerful." Blaine pracitically yelled at The Librarian.

"Watch the video, Blaine. It shows the explanation."

___________________________________

That brought about memories of me thinking about this exact idea. I had forgotten about testing my hypothesis since I wasn't able to move as freely as I could now. I was used to having absorption of mana and the manipulation of mana as two separate things that I hadn't stopped to think about the possibilities in this new #####.

"Let me try," I nodded.

"Humans have a very linear mindset in regards to mana and find it hard to deviate from anything that already works. Practice hard now though, because you can only acquire this skill while both your body and mana core are immature. Even mana beasts learn to do this naturally, but humans awaken much too late and in most cases, their bodies are not adept for this ability when they first awaken. Considering you are so young, there shouldn't be a problem if you practice," continued Sylvia with a proud puff of her nose.

________________________________

"How disappointing." Blaine slumped into his seat.

"The only thing disappointing is your attitude, Blaine." The Librarian told him, making him for upset than he already was.

___________________________________

I had to admit that, like testing most theories, it was extremely difficult at first. It reminded me of the exercises my ######### at the ###### had showed ## #### # ### #######, the ones where you tried to make each of your arms do something different... except much harder.
___________________________________

"Okay, why is so much of that blurred out? It makes no sense..." Tessia spoke out her thoughts, and most people agreed.

"Right, it's really strange. And why is his thought process so advanced? He's only four years old at this time. No matter how much of a monster the brat is, stuff like this should be impossible." Virion spoke up this time.

"All in due time, people. You'll learn more soon, just keep watching."

___________________________________

Practicing this essentially meant being able to fight proficiently while still maintaining a constant inward flow of mana. Sylvia's only advice was that, according to her, an exceptional mage must be able to split his thinking mind into multiple segments in order to process information at efficient speed. While I've never had a teacher tell me to split my mind, I tried doing as she said. Needless to say, I had never tripped over my own body so many times in this and my previous #### combined.