Chapter 9: Attack on Xyrus part 4

"This one is from Lucas Wyke's point of view." The Librarian told the viewers and gave them a moment to prepare themselves.

"Be ready to hate him and laugh your ass off, because this ones good." He told them, and they watched the screen as it lit up.

________________________________

Lucas Wykes

Staring down at the professors- the very mages that I strove to become- struggling to stand back up, it was clear to me that their lives were in my hands. With my newfound powers, these so-called "elites" were now nothing more than ants to me.

Enhanced cognitive processing capabilities for higher levels of spell casting.

A nearly unlimited pool of mana for me to access and utilize.

Heightened reflexes along with strengthened physical prowess and dexterity.

The elixir that Draneeve had given me really fulfilled its purpose. Just like he had promised, it truly brought forth my full potential.

It was obvious since early on that I was a gifted mage, however, being outshined by my older brother, Bairon, my accomplishments were never able to satisfy my family's expectations. I had lived my childhood chasing after his insurmountable shadow, but no longer; I felt like I had finally surpassed him.

Easily wiping out the distinguished professors of this academy, it felt like I had actually transcended the realm of mortals, incomparable to even the highest of human, elven, and dwarven mages.

___________________________________

"Who does he think he is?" Windsom asked, disgust and disdain on his face.

"To think he would sully the Wykes name like this, it's pitiful." Bairon said, his face also showing disgust at what his brother became.

"See, Bairon? Your little brothers just a piece of shit." Regis told him and Bairon could only agree.

___________________________________

...so why am I feeling this way?

This feeling of an icy claw gripping my innards, slowly twisting, slow freezing my insides.

The palpable pressure in the air seemed to make the force of gravity in the vicinity stronger as he approached.

Beads of cold sweat began forming, drenching my clothes, as I had unknowingly taken a step back.

Was I afraid?

That's impossible.

With my newfound powers, I was invincible. I was all-powerful. I was perfect.

________________________________

"He's so arrogant. I really hope Arthur pit him in his place." Adam said, a smirk on his face as he leaned forward in his seat.

"Just wait, Adam, It's really good." Regis told him, and Adam's smirk simply widened and he nodded.

"Regis, how do you even know what happened? Weren't you with Grey?" Helen said, speaking up.

"How could I NOT know what happened? It was such big news." Regis said, not revealing the real way he knew.

Helen, of course, didn't realize this and nodded back, wondering 'what could have been so major that even Alacryans could have heard of it?'

She could only shiver at the thought of what would happen to the boy who threatened Tessia's safety.

___________________________________