Chapter 7: Attack on Xyrus Part 2

Third Person POV

(5688 words)

A/N: This chapter is long as fuck. If there are any mistakes, then sorry cause I didn't proofread too much.
________________________________

Elijah Knight

"NOOOOOOO! DORADREA!" I spotted Theodore as he roared, charging furiously towards the masked man. He knocked aside the students that weren't quick enough to get out of his one man stampede.

"DORADREA!" Theodore screamed, his voice cracking as he hammered his fists against the translucent barrier.

There were only two sounds that could be heard. It was the sound of delighted laughter coming from the masked man, and the sound of Theodore's thunderous pounding against the barrier.

BOOM!

It was one of the Disciplinary Committee members...

BOOM!

The same group Arthur was in...

BOOM!

A crater was formed underneath Theodore as the marble floor around him continued to crumble and cave under the pressure of his might. As he continued smashing against the barrier, blood began streaming down his arms as his hands were shattered by his own strength. Despite that, the fury never left Theodore's eyes as his icy gaze never left the masked man.

"COME OUT HERE AND FIGHT ME, YOU COWARD!" Theodore howled, a deranged look shrouding his eyes.

________________________________

"Dumbass. He's gonna get himself killed." Adam spoke up.

"Adam, you shouldn't say that! He's literally right there!" Helen hit Adam as she pointed at Theodore, who was still crying after discovering that Doradrea would die.

"Sorry." Adam mumbled, but he wasn't really sorry.

"He's right, though. Draneeve was a retainer candidate. He would kill Theodore easily." Agrona said, shrugging.

"How strong is a retainer?" Dawsid asked Agrona, and got an answer from Seris.

"The weakest one could go toe to toe against one of the lances and win." Seris told him.

"Impossible. Would a retainer be able to beat me?" Lance Varay asked, Seris nodded.

"Yes, most of them would be able to." She said.

The Lances were in shock at the idea of fighting such opponents.

The Greysunders were glad they chose to side with the Vritra.

___________________________________

Suddenly, the masked man stopped his laughter and he removed his mask. His face was narrow and sharp, with skin that glowed in a hue of gray. In spite of the sharp and the attractive features all women would like to see in their lover's, it was hard to miss the crazy, almost psychotic expression that seems to have been permanently pasted on. His face was wrinkled in a scowl as he tilted his head to the side, as if he was confused by Theodore's last statement.

"Coward? Me?" The masked figure began walking towards Theodore with the easy arrogance of someone who knew that everything in the world existed for his taking, every one of his steps seeming to drive a nail into the minds of everyone present.

"Yes, you! Stop hiding behind this barrier and fight me!" He growled back, blood continuing to drip from his broken hands.

"Coward? Me? The mighty and reborn Draneeve... hiding?" The person called Draneeve blinked out of view and appeared in front of Theodore with a speed so fast, Theodore wasn't even able to react as Draneeve pulled him to the other side of the barrier. He threw the Disciplinary Committee member easily onto the erected platform.