Chapter 5: Aether core

"Okay, this next one is going to be in Grey's perspective!" The Librarian said, and the screen started playing a scene.

___________________________________

"This is crazy. It's not going to work."

"It might if you stop your relentless badgering," I quipped, flexing the fingers of my newly regenerated arm.

________________________________

"Whats that voice? Who was that person who spoke first before Grey?" Tessia asked.

Grey sighed before talking to Regis through their mental connection.

'You can introduce yourself. Don't say anything too crazy, though.' Grey told him, and Regis' excitement spiked up, and Grey could feel it rising even more.

'Don't regret it, Princess!' He said before jumping out of his body and shocking everybody.

"Hey, I'm Regis! The ladies can call me daddy though." He said with a lewd wiggle of his eyebrows in his wolf form.

"Regis, your literally a dog." Caera said, scratching behind Regis' ears as his leg bounced up and down creating thumps in a very dog like manner.

"I'm the mighty weapon of Aether and destruction, so bow down or something!" Everybody just stared at him.

"You can use Aether too?" Kezess was the first to speak, his interest growing.

"Yup! I can use the Destruction rune to destroy everything in sight, nice meeting you, Gecko king!" Regis had a wolfish grin on his face as Kezess' eye twitched in annoyance from being called a gecko.

Regis took his seat next to Grey on the floor, laying there.

"What did it mean by newly regenerated arm?" Agrona asked The Librarian his question.

"Well, obviously, it means Grey's arm got torn off of him and he regenerated it."

"I see..." Agrona said, a smirk now on his face.

___________________________________

Regis zipped up to my face. "Oh, I'm sorry. Is my genuine concern that you might blow yourself up bothering you?"

I swatted him away. "Yes."

My floating companion's smoky black head sizzled in anger. "Why are you even attempting this anyway? You just demolished the hidden boss of this level with a punch! I think you're strong enough."

"I can't just rely on sustaining my body temporarily by eating aetheric essence off of monsters."

"So your plan is just to form your own power source? Geez, I wonder why the wise and powerful dragons of the Indrath Clan haven't thought of something like that...oh wait, they have!"

"Yes, I remember the story of the elders of the Indrath Clan attempting to form a core out of pure aether within the body of an infant clan member that was born without a core. You literally just told me."

"And what did we learn from that story?" Regis asked as if he were speaking to an infant himself.

I sighed. "That the baby was met with a bloody death."

"So why are you still trying to do this?" Regis seethed.

"Because I have no other choice if I want to get stronger. I don't want to rely on temporary power boosts that I can't even control from consuming another lifeform's aetheric essence. You saw how fast it depletes from my body even when I'm not fighting."