28. Drunk

Lara's Pov:

I stand in front of the mirror fixing my short dress which is clinging to my body. It is a dark blue dress which ends in mid thigh and has thin strips showing my cleavage.

My door burst open as the high pitch voice echoed through my room. "Lara. Are you ready?"

I picked up my purse and turned around "Yup. Let's go."

There she is standing all hot with a wide excited smile. Amelia. It has been two weeks since we had a sleepover in her room. After hearing her love story I can't believe she is talking about my friend Steve. When we went to college together he was such a Playboy but after hearing about him from her, I can't help but imagine him as a romantic boy.

She also said why she took a photo of me. Looks like she saw both of us together in a cafe and misunderstood.

Actually the story is they had something in the past but didn't see each other for a few years. Then when she saw us together she thought that he moved on from her. After she took a photo of me, she told him that now he has a girlfriend when he approached her. And from there on he cleared the misunderstanding and they got together again being all lovey dovey.

And also I can't seem to forget what she said after that.

Flashback..

"Oh I forgot to tell you. The twins birthday is coming in one month. There is going to be a high class party here. Trust me we are going to enjoy it a lot." She said.

"What do you mean by 'a high class' party?" I asked with confusion.

"It is kind of like a ball where we can dance, drink and enjoy a lot. Let's just say it is a party in a ballroom." She said dreamily.

I raised my eyebrow at her "Seems like you attend this every year. Huh?"

"Yep"

I asked when something clicked in my mind. "When is Zanvil's birthday?"

Suddenly she looked uncomfortable. "Ah.." she cleared her throat before start talking "He doesn't celebrate his birthday"

I frowned "why?"

"Well he never celebrated it from childhood. His father does not allow him to."

I opened my mouth to ask something but she cut me off. "Look Lara. I can't tell you anything about him. So, please ask him yourself."

"Okay" I nodded my head.

"Lara?" I came out of my thoughts when I heard her calling my name.

I turned towards her as she stared at me worried. "What?" I asked.

"We came. What's wrong with you?" She asked me.

I looked outside of the car as we arrived at the night club. I pushed my unwanted thoughts behind my head as I smiled at her. "Let's party"

I grabbed her hand and dragged her towards the club. We both walked through the crowd dancing on the dance floor and reached the bar. She ordered champagne and I ordered vodka.

After two glasses we both headed towards the dance floor pushing everybody on the way, we stopped as we reached the centre of the crowd. When she tripped over, I caught her by her waist as she steadied herself. She put her arms around my neck as I placed both of my hands on her waist. She giggled "You are my hero Lara" I chuckled at her. She got drunk easily.

We both swayed our hips at the song and did some sexy steps together. As we danced together my mind went back to why we are here right now clubbing.

Actually these days I killed the remaining bastards who are on my killing list. By luring them here in my style. I feel like my goal is over.