Chapter 1 - Athenas P.O.V.

'Athena Wolff, News just came out that you're leaving Alpine behind you. Is that true?'

The reporter held the microphone way to close to my face for my liking. Some of his lunch, probably a salad, still stuck between his teeth, as he asked me if the information I just shared on my Instagram account was true.
Idiot.
Around the teeth guy were 6 other reporters, all holding a microphone in their hands, pointing them at me. Behind them their cameramen.

As the only woman currently driving in Formula 1, I was used to getting more attention than the others. But mostly my questions were about my diet or the way my racing suit felt.
If it took me to switch teams for more serious questions; I would've done it after my first season.

The Mexican sun was burning down on me. There were only five more races left in the 2021 season and I just dropped the bomb of switching teams.

'5 Minutes till warm up, Aza', I heard Ace tell me.

I nodded to him, glad that I could leave this in the next five minutes.

Ace was not only my older brother by 3 years, he was also my personal trainer. In both ways he was an absolute pain in my ass.

Since our parents were all over the world during our childhood and we were basically raised on the racetrack, Ace took on the fatherly role for the three younger siblings next to all the drivers feeling like they need to take care of us.

I felt bad for the burden he had to take on at such a young age of always being the responsible one out of the four of us but now that we were older, I always tried to get him to loosen up and enjoy everything more.

I told him time after time that he didn't need to look after us anymore but I guess once you take an parental role, it stays with you.

And since we were in the public eye, even before our first steps, he felt the need to always keep us in check. The blessing and the curse of famous parents.

Christian ‚Toto' Wolff and Susie Wolff.

It was love at first sight. A real modern fairy tale. Only a year after their wedding they had their first child. And then two others. And then another.

Ace, Athena, Ares and Aion. The Wolff children. Me being the only girl, sharing the middle child spot with my twin brother.

All their children inherited the deep black hair and bright blue eyes. Although I got blessed with heterochromia.
My left eye blue, the right one green. I hate it. It makes the people stare. And I already get starred at enough.

Like all the reporters were staring at me rigth now.

"Well, Mr. Thommen," Always remember their names, my moms voice echoed through my head as I looked into teeth guy's shocked face, "since the information was posted from mine and Alpines account, it must be right, doesn't it?" I couldn't hold back the snarky remark.

"And what influenced this decision?" another reporter to my left asked me.

"Well, I've been driving with Alpine for 2 seasons. It was a wonderful time and a great way for me to enter Formula 1, which I am very thankfull for. But now my journey continues with a different team, who offered me a spot." All of them inched forward and I could already guess what their question was gonna be. 'What team?'

"Thank you, guys, for your time, but I really have to go and warm up now." I left the scene before one of them had the chance to ask the question though.

"Fucking hell." I muttered under my breath as I jogged up to Ace. Reporters are something else.

After driving with Alpine for 2 years we've decided to part our ways.