Chapter 7 - both P.O.V.'s

Athena's P.O.V.

All air left my lungs as my body slammed down to the floor.

I groaned as I turned onto my back, my chest heaving.

Ace's face appeared above me.

We've been training for the past 3 hours and boxing in the ring for the past 30 minutes.

My whole body was aching.
My muscles burned and my limbs didn't react as fast as I wanted them to.

I pushed myself off the floor, ignoring the throbbing in my head and retaking my fighting position.

„You're distracted today." Ace told me and started attacking me again.

I blocked his punches and moved to the side, giving me a chance to breathe before attacking him.

„No." I punched him in his side. „I'm just fucking tired. It's 10 in the morning and we've been here since 7 am."

A punch in his side again.

Now he was the one groaning.

I turned around, thinking that I had a second to drink but I didn't get far, as my legs were pulled away from beneath me.

Once again my face met the floor.

„You asshole." I insulted Ace.

„I said you're distracted. If shit like this happens on a race, you'll end up in a wall with your car on fire."

I rolled my eyes at him as his face popped up above me again.

He looked down at me.

„What's in your head? Or rather who?" His lips pulled into a stupid smile.
„Is it Charles?"

My heart skipped a beat by the mention of his name.

Charles has been floating in my head but Ace didn't need to know that he was right. I wouldn't give him that satisfaction.

To make him shut up, I swung my legs against his, pulling away his feet and stability.

His body fell down to the floor next to mine.

The ground shook by the impact, my skin vibrated by my anger.

I still wasn't over the incident on the race.

It was stupid and dangerous of him, to steer into the curve like that.

And I made my opinion heard.

I may have thrown some insults his way during the press conference after, giving my publicist work to do.

Of course, it wasn't the most mature thing to do, but the devil on my shoulder regretted nothing.

„I think we're done for today." Ace groaned next to me.

„Finally." I stood up and walked out of the ring.

I winced at the sting in my chest, my chest moving up and down fast. I took a swig from my water bottle while walking out of the gym.

I was counting the steps it took form here to the shower.

A hot shower against my muscles seemed like heaven right now.

„Athena?" Ace called me back.

I spun around to look at him.

He was still standing in the ring, his ice blue eyes piercing through me.

„We're picking up the others in 2 hours and then we're gonna go eat lunch with them. Make sure you're ready by then."