Chapter 2 - Athena's P.O.V

"I swear to god I'm gonna kill this stupid fucking asshole with my bare hands."

I paced my hotel room up and down, while Lewis and Ares where just lying on my bed.

We just returned from the race. I had to DNF in the 40th round, the stupid Ferrari driver pushing me off the track.
Pierre finished 10th , Lewis won.

"I though for driving with Ferrari you had to have some freaking talent but obviously not."

I stopped pacing and threw myself on the bed.

"Don't be mad at Charles. Accidents happen." Lewis tried to calm me down.

Since Lewis started driving with Mercedes in 2017 he actually spent a lot of time with us, also over summer or winter break. He became a part of our family and a really close friend of mine in those past five years.

When Ares wasn't with me, Lewis was.
Even though he was 5 years older than Ares and Me, we were a close trio.

I switched to German, so that only Ares would understand what I said next.
I loved Lewis for always lighting up any situation but sometimes I just needed to let off steam.

"Dieser Typ ist so ein Arsch. Ich krieg ne Kriese."

That guy is such an ass. I'm having a crisis.

We all spoke german, since we grew up in Switzerland. It comes in quite handy, when you want to talk shit about people, while they're in the same room.

"Hey, no german!" Lewis exclaimed from next to me, as he smacked my arm.

"Er gibt auch nur sein Bestes. Das Rennen ist vorbei, move on."

He's also just trying his best. The race is over, move on.

Ares earned himself a smack from Lewis too, so we switched back to english.

"Listen, I know it sucks but shit happens on track. Now get over it and don't fight on my party tonight."

Since Lewis won the race, he invited the whole grid to go partying in some club tonight.
After-Race-Celebrations are normal for us. They variate from going clubbing to just drinking a bottle of champagne in a hotel room.

I would be much more comfortable with the second option tonight.

"I'm gonna go shower." I groaned as I got up from my bed and made my way to the bathroom.

I quickly striped of my clothes and jumped into the shower.
The warm water washed over my skin, relaxing my tense muscles.

With our mutual connection to Jules, we actually spent a lot of time with the Leclercs.
Lorenzo is in Ace's age, Charles in mine and Ares and Arthur and Aion were born in the same year.

As kids we always had a lot of fun together.
We were always around doing mischief and Charles and I got along quite well.

Once we starrted racing we both got incredibly competitive, especially against eachother and our relaxed friendship turned into an tense competition.
We both wanted the most recognition from Jules and we would terrorize the other one to get it.
But Jules always made sure, that after some fights we would make up and to remind us, that he was equally proud of both of uf.
So outside of the track we used to be friends.

But after Jules death, Charles just completely avoided me in any way.

I would lie if I said it hasn't hurt me. In that difficult time I needed someone to understand the way I was feeling, and Charles was the only person that had a similar connection to Jules as I did.