Chapter 18 - Charles's P.O.V.

This chapter contains sexual content and may be distressing to some readers. If you don't feel comfortable reading smut, please skip parts of this chapter.

I feel like I might actually burst. Explode. Brûler. Until I was nothing more than a ash of desperation and need.
It's like my blood was made out of gas and Athena lit a spark in my heart, making every vessel burn.
We haven't touched each other since the day we went to play laser tag.
That was on Monday. Today is Wednesday.

We've spent every day together, around each other but not close enough. Never close enough.
It's been two days. And I couldn't control myself anymore. Her presence made me crazy.

Seeing her, the way she laughed, the way she looked at me, at my body, the way she smiled at me whenever she saw me starring at her. It was close to hell. I couldn't touch her, not in front of the others, and especially not after we had some unspoken bet going on between us. Something like ‚Whoever gives in first, looses.'.

It was stupid and completely useless but I wouldn't be the one to break first. I just wouldn't. I was too petty for that. But it wasn't like my body got the memo.

And to take this unspoken game even further, Athena and I have fallen into a weird rhythm of teasing each other. Pushing the other ones buttons.

Some teasing was subtle. A brush of a finger against the back of her hand, just to make my presence clear. Holding her at her hips when passing her, winking at her whenever our gazes met. Actions that could be platonic or accidental if you didn't expect other wise.

Other teasing wasn't as much. Walking around shirtless and sweaty after every work out, pushing my dick against her ass when passing her as well as moving my hand up her thigh beneath the dinner table.

No matter how small or how big my teasing was, Athena didn't cave in but reacted just the same every time.
A hitch of her breath, her cheeks reddening, her thighs pressing together.

And I hated staying physically away from her but I enjoyed the way she shamelessly eye-fucked me all the time.
I liked the way she unknowingly aimed her body towards me, the way she always took a deep breath whenever I was close to her.
I loved seeing her pupils dilate and her posture straighten.
Small things that told me I had the same effect on her as she did on me.

I haven't been the only one teasing. Or maybe to me everything Athena could possibly do was teasing.
In the end my pants have been a lot tighter than usually this week, whenever she appeared from her room in yet another tight dress.

I had to take a cold shower every day after I saw her in her sports bra and I had to control myself not to take her into the shower with me. But the worst things, the things where I had to hold back a deep groan every single time, were when that woman looked me straight in the eyes, the green and blue shining brighter than every light, and her plum, red lips wrapped around a straw or the rim of a beer bottle.

„Fucking hell." I whispered. Even though the cold water drops where stinging on my skin like a thousand tiny needles, all the warm blood in my body seemed to have collected itself at my dick.

I groaned and pressed my forehead against the wall in-front of me.
It's been two nights with her. Consecutively. Three in total. And I was already hung up on her. Athena had me in the palm of her hand.

I mean, I've liked her for more than three nights but considering we didn't talk about any labels or any future steps, this relationship was strictly physical as of right now. And if she wanted to keep it that way, I would do so. If she wanted to be in a committed relationship and scream it out into the world, I was already wanting to do so.