•eight•

Juliette POV

"Bye Mason." I said waving to him as I was walking up to the front door. I walk inside to see Felicia in the kitchen preparing everything for dinner and Loren helping her as well. "Hi Felicia." I said walking into the kitchen and sitting down on one of the island chairs. "Hi sweetie. How was your little date?" I laughed and looked down at my hands in my lap. "Good. Um...Where's Alyssa and Malachi?" She looks up from cooking and looks at me. "Alyssa is about to head out to go get some things from the store for tonight. And Malachi...I think he's just up in his room. I think that you should check up on him. He broke up with his girlfriend earlier." I nod and walk up to Malachi's room.

"So I heard you broke up with Cruella de Vil." His back was toward me but I heard him laugh a little. "She wasn't that bad." He finally turned around facing me. "Agree to disagree. Remember what happened a few months ago?" I walked to his bed and sat down. "Yeah that was dumb."

~About 3 months ago~

I was hanging out with Momona at some local fair and she was dragging me from ride to ride and from carnival game to carnival game. "Geez Momona. Let me rest for like 5 seconds. Please." "Ugh fine." She playfully rolled her eyes and we walked to the cotton candy stand. We got to the cotton candy stand and we started to stand in line. "Where's Malachi?" She asked me. I looked up from my phone and said, "Some date with Cruella somewhere. Don't know where. Never told me." She laughed and said, "Cruella probably dragged him away before he could say he say bye to his MOM." She emphasized the mom.

We got to the front of the line and we got our cotton candy, paid, and walked away. We finally found an empty bench and sat down. "Can I tell you something?" I asked and looked at my cotton candy and from the corner of my eye I saw Momona look at me. She smiled and said, "Sure, what's up?" I hesitated and it took me a few seconds before I said, "I think I like Mason. Like a little more than a friend." She gasped and yelled, "JULIETTE ROSE DOWNEY! OH MY GOD. What about Malachi?" I sighed and said, "What about him? He has a girlfriend and I can't do anything about that." "Ask him out then. I think Mason likes you back." I shake my head. "I might be able to deal with paparazzi but I cannot handle asking people out. I'll literally burst into flames." She put her arm around me as we got up and started walking again.

"You need to fix your mindset about what you can and can't do. Like how can you be able to handle a bunch of flashing lights in your eyes but can't go up to a dude and say 'You wanna go on a date?" I got out of her arm and started to walk backwards, facing her and said, "I just never had a normal childhood. Straight outta the hospital I had flas-" I was cut off because I bumped into someone accidentally and before I could turn around and say sorry, she pushed me to the ground. "Ugh watch where you're going bitch." I looked up to see Kathrine and Malachi. "God I'm sorry. I wasn't looking." She rolled her eyes as Momona helped me up. "Kathrine it wasn't her fault." Malachi said holding Kathrine by the shoulders. "Then maybe you should get glasses." I rolled my eyes and scoffed and started to yell at her, "Dude I literally was walking backwards. That's why I couldn't see you dumbass. I don't have eyes at the back of my head. Like the fuck you want me to do? Gain spidey-sense and avoid everyone with amazing special agility. Hold on. Let me go get bit by a radioactive spider, go back in time, and avoid all of this."

Momona was holding back laughter and I glanced at Malachi and he was doing the same thing. Yes, a bit ironic but it was the first thing I could think of. Kathrine was speechless so I grabbed Momona's hand and we walked away. We rode a few more rides before we went home.

~Present day~

We talked for a few minutes before I went back downstairs where I saw Alyssa. "You back from the store?" I asked. She shook her head and said, "About to head out. Let's go. You're coming." I laughed and said, "I don't get a choice?" She chuckled, looked at me, and said, "Nope. Let's go." We got to the car and I put an Airpod in and went on my phone.

When we got to the store, we started to walk around there was a comfortable silence when Alyssa finally broke it by saying, "Hey Juli." I paused the TikTok I was watching and looked up at her. "Yeah?" "I know this is last minute but we're going back to New York for a month." I was a little bit mad but I didn't want to lash out on Alyssa. "W-Why? I mean we're not even close to being done with the movie. We still have to finish a lot of scenes. Cast calls for more extras. Redo some finished scenes as well." I started to ramble and Alyssa cut me off and said, "Juli. It's just for the best. We just have to let the Barton's live in their house without having to have the stress of having long term house guests. Plus, some of the producers are sick and the filming is postponed. And your family misses you and...' She paused for a little, 'my mom needs some help. She's a little sick and needs help."

My anger lessened. I loved Alyssa's mom. She was the sweetest to me and Eleanor and deserved the entire frickin' world. "When do we leave?" "Flight leaves at 10 so we need to be at the airport at like 7." I was sad and asked, "I don't get to say goodbye to anyone?" She thinks for a little before responding, "You can call them and ask to meet us at the airport. Look I know I should've told you earlier but I thought we would have a little more time but my mom isn't getting better. And I wasn't thinking and just booked the flight an hour ago." We finished shopping and went to the register, "Is that why Felicia wanted to have dinner? She knew we were gonna leave?" Alyssa nodded. She paid for the stuff and we loaded everything and started driving back. The entire ride home I just thought of Mason and how I was gonna tell him. I mean it was only for a month.

~A/n~
Geez. Hope this doesn't sound like it's becoming a Mason Thames fanfic because....that would be a false advertisement. Anyway....the flashback was funny to write especially with the MCU references because...she's Robert Downey Jr's daughter. Hope you got that and didn't forget. Next chapter soon (hopefully). Love you All!!!!