Not The Only One

Y/n: WHOA!

As Y/n falls through the time-space tunnel he was placed in by the portal of unknown origin; he catches glances of other heroes with costumes vaguely similar to his.

Y/n: Red and blue? No thanks.

The portal spits Y/n out atop a roof. He whines and rolls onto his front. Standing up, he pulls his hood down and removes his mask, looking around at the sights of another universe.

Y/n: Jesus...

He wipes his face, sitting down. He rests his back against the roof access door, staring mindlessly at the beautiful lights of Times Square. In his tired state: he is not astute enough to notice the sound of web zips coming his way, or feet landing behind him.

???: Excuse me?

Y/n scrambles to his feet, putting his mask on in the process as he assumes a fighting pose. The other person on the roof seems to be in no mood for combat, holding their arms out non-threateningly.

???: Hey, hey, hey! I don't wanna fight. I just wanted to know, are you this universe's Spider-Person?

Y/n: Uhh, no. And going by your question... guessing you aren't either.

???: No, no I'm not.

The hero takes their mask off and offers their hand for Y/n to shake. He does so and they smile at him, now free to express facial emotion.

 He does so and they smile at him, now free to express facial emotion

???: Gwen Stacy, Spider-Woman.

Y/n follows suit, removing his own mask and hood- exposing his identity to the blonde. She was quick to notice the bruises that subtly peppered his face like freckles- courtesy of The Lizard.

Y/n: Y/n L/n, Spider-Man.

Gwen Stacy: No kidding. Who did that to you?

Y/n: Oh, this? This is nothing. Just had a little rumble with The Lizard.

The mention of this villain seems to shake Gwen. Y/n watches with polite interest as she forms her next question.

Gwen Stacy: The Lizard? Peter Parker?

Y/n: No, Curtis Connors. Who's Peter Parker?

Gwen Stacy: Nobody. Forget it.

Y/n: Okey Dokey.

Y/n saunters to the edge of the roof, Gwen joins him. He stares down at the people of this universe, absentmindedly going about their day. Just like home.

Y/n: Don't suppose you have anywhere to stay? Even if I exist in this universe I'm halfway across the world.

Gwen Stacy: Yeah, I know a place.

The two put their masks back on and pop their hoods. Y/n follows Gwen's lead as they both swing across New York en route to her hideout. Y/n finds New York easier terrain than London- the larger amount of tall buildings providing more flexible web routes.