005

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗘𝗗𝗚𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧

chapter five:it's like catching lightning !

chapter five:
it's like catching lightning !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

IT WAS CRAZY early in the morning, and Athena had basically gotten no sleep whatsoever because of an idea from Ricky pertaining to a certain song, but Athena still found herself walking with Violetta through the trailers outside of East High. She wasn't completely dressed yet, pretty much still in her pajamas, but she had a bag with a change of clothes in her car.

"I never want to wake up early again," Violetta complained. "Why did I say yes?"

Athena laughed slightly. "You're going to be okay, Vi. That's just how Hollywood works."

"You didn't have to bring me to set, by the way. I could've gone on my own. Besides, the background kids aren't in the Miss Darbus scene. Not that y'all aren't important."

"There was absolutely no way I was letting you go off to your first day on set alone. You're going to be a movie star, and you really thought I wouldn't care about that?"

Violetta sighed. "Maybe let's not call me a movie star until I made it through the first day." She then glanced back to see her name on a star one of the trailer doors. "Oh my God."

"Trophy best friend, let's go," Athena said.

She continued staring at her name on the door. "This is all happening way too fast."

Athena put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You don't have to do this, you know. You're free to back out any time."

"I know, I know. But maybe I'll just give it a shot." Violetta finally looked back at her. "You excited for the table read today, Gabriella?"

She nodded, her smile widening. "Yeah, I am. I just — I can't believe I'm playing my dream role." Athena then gently pushed Violetta. "But this isn't about me, this is about you. Go on."

"I'm just glad you're not totally freaked out," Violetta replied. "It's kind of calming me down."

"Oh, I am freaking out. Just internally. Besides, I'm always rooting for you, you know that." She then reached forwards and pulled Violetta into a tight hug. "Good luck, Vi. You got this."

"Excuse me?" the security guard cut in, making them pull apart. "Uh, this section's for main cast only. No extras."

Violetta pulled out her High School Musical 4 cast badge and held it up. "Good thing I'm a main cast, then."