011

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗘𝗗𝗚𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧

chapter eleven:but right now, it's you and me !

chapter eleven:
but right now, it's you and me !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

DEAR ATHENA,

CONGRATULATIONS! It gives me tremendous pleasure to inform you that the Juilliard Piano faculty and the Committee on Admissions have granted you admission to the Vocal Arts, Composition, and Piano - Bachelor of Music program at The Juilliard School for the 2021-22 academic year.

So . . . yeah. That was incredibly out of this world insane. Athena had thought her audition had gone well, but not that well for Juilliard, a school with a literal seven percent acceptance rate, to actually accept her. She had told Violetta that applying was a shot in the dark, but it turned out that it wasn't at all.

She had made it. Athena had accomplished her dreams of studying and doing something she loved in college, located in the city that never sleeps. She knew she couldn't pass this opportunity up . . . but the thought of leaving Salt Lake and everyone was enough to make her want to curl in a ball and hide away from the rest of the world.

As much as Athena wanted to scream and cry over it, she couldn't. Because right now, it was opening night, and she had to focus on being Gabriella. And that meant not telling anyone.

Okay, no, do not give her that look. Her and Ricky promised that they would talk about the future after opening night. Juilliard was a conversation for another day. All she wanted to do right now was fulfill her childhood fantasy with her own Troy.

They had figured some things out for the show. Mr. Mazzara was going on as Coach Bolton, and Dani was going to be Tiara Gold. Also, due to some announcement Quinn was making, she needed the auditorium. So, just like when they put on High School Musical, they were using the gym. It felt . . . right, in a way. Kind of like they were coming full circle.

Speaking of the show, the rehearsal room was complete and utter chaos — aka the chaos of opening night. Athena ignored the chatter behind her for now. She stared at herself in the mirror, smoothing out her white dress, adjusting the tiny white flowers in her hair, moving around the large T necklace — Gabriella's costume down to a t. Athena let out a deep breath. She could do this.

Kennedy ran into the room, completely panicked. "I think I left my pom poms at home!"

"Somebody stole my bronzer," Kaden complained.