010

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗘𝗗𝗚𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧

chapter ten:back to the past !

chapter ten:
back to the past !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

THEY HAD FINALLY finished filming for High School Musical 4. Their last shot was the big reunion scene with everyone. It had gone pretty smoothly . . . well, with the exception of Mack kissing Violetta earlier than he was supposed to.

So, apparently a lot had happened. Athena was still a bit tired from her day yesterday of auditioning in New York and flying back to Salt Lake, but her heart was full now that Ricky promised he wasn't running away from her anymore. And speaking of running back, EJ had apparently come all the way to Violetta to get back together with her. It felt like junior year all over again, just . . . different.

Except for the fact that Seb had cheated on Carlos with Big Red. Yeah, Athena was also lost on that one.

Athena, still in her dance team costume, made her way down the hallway through all of the crew before sliding up besides Violetta, slinging an arm around her shoulder. "Hey, you. You did incredible. I'm so proud of you."

"Oh, featured background number six, I'll miss you more than anyone," Violetta replied, making Athena laugh and roll her eyes. "Speaking of featured backgrounds, where is Ricky?"

Ricky then appeared by Athena's side, practically out of thin air. "Present."

Violetta blinked at him. "Yeah, okay. The bowtie on you is freaking me out. Anyways, Troy and Gabriella . . . ready to go rehearse?"

Athena smiled widely. "Ready as I'll ever be."

They put away their costumes one final time before making their way to the rehearsal room. After all the craziness, Athena was so looking forward to have something be so familiar again. Gabriella was like a second nature to her now, and playing her with Ricky as Troy just felt right. She held onto Ricky's hand tightly as they made their way through the hallway, Violetta right by their side. That felt like home, too.

Except when they entered the rehearsal room, it was completely empty besides Miss Jenn writing something on a singular desk. Athena stopped in her tracks and glanced around in confusion. At the sight of them, Miss Jenn stood up from the desk.

"Miss Jenn, where's all the stuff?" Violetta asked. "Why is the rehearsal room empty?"

She turned to them with a sigh. "Well, we had to have this conversation eventually. Much like my mother's problematic Twitter account, High School Musical 3 is canceled. The drama department is on pause."

Athena stared at Miss Jenn, her mind spinning out of control and her heart sinking all the way to her stomach. Canceled? No, it couldn't be canceled.