hurt, new steps and tingly feelings [part 3]

A WEEK LATER:-

Drishti Pov:

I knew he didn't love me, but it hurts seeing him not even try to love me. The things I said at the reception party was because of frustration and my upset mind. I never want to stop doing things for him, I love him. when I said that after that I have saw him distancing himself more from me. at first he used to atleast shout at me and get angry but now he doesnt even look at me. Am I that ugly and not worthy in his eyes.

In this one week he came home late and left before having breakfast and all this time I got taunts from mummyji and soumya, their cousin who doesnt likes me because she wanted her bestfriend Karina Kashyap to marry her brother who is perfect match for him according her. the three brothers love their cousin sister dearly like their own and also naksh [brother of soumya] as their own brother.

We were having dinner, everyone was eating peacefully as papaji was angry because of reckless behavior of karthik. Everyone keeps quiet knowing his anger. As I was feeding Kirti, soumya who was sitting in front of me scoffed. "where is bhaiya, are you not worried for him? you dont even call him to know about his whereabouts, what kind of wife are you", she snarled glaring at me.

"soumya behave, she is older than you both in age and relation and why are you questioning her if you have the audacity question bhai", this came from kunal he always had my back. "bhaiya you are scolding me for her" she said eyeing me disgustedly i am used to it now. "soumya i love you dearly but i also love bhabhi more than love I respect her like a mother so dont" kunal said and ananya just looked at him with shock. I internally chuckled but I flinched hard when mummy ji shouted.

"STOP IT KUNAL, SOUMYA IS CORRECT SHE IS HIS WIFE SHE SHOULD BE WORRIED AND SHE SHOULD KNOW WHERE HE IS AND WHY HE IS COMING LATE, WHAT DID YOU DO DRISHTI?", "I...I didn't do anything" I said but just received a scoff from her. before she could say anything papaji stood up, "Drishti come to the library after finishing your food" he said and left. 

soon dadaji and dadiji left too followed by naksh, soumya and mom. "ananya can you please make Kirti sleep today" I asked she nodded and took her. I sighed and kunal said, "bhabhi did something happened between you and  bhai" the elders think everything is good between us as I always cover up karthik with different lies while his brothers know the reality. "nothing kunal its just I gave up on us" i could hear everyone gasp dhara was shocked and Atharv face was expressionless but i know he was shocked too.

"how can you give up bhabhi, didn't you say you wont give up and make him fall in love and-" he was cut off by a manly voice and we turned and saw papaji standing there. we all stood up as he came near me and patted my head, "you did the right thing my daughter" "papaji but I..I didn't wanted to do it..its...its just i am tired, he...he is not telling me about his past and also stopped kunal and Atharv and said not to tell me. if i wont know anything how will i heal him" I said with tears in my eyes papaji knows it all my relation with karthik as he once unintentionally heard me and karthik arguing and him saying he would never love me. 

"you are strong beta to endure it for 3 years but now i wont see you getting hurt now karthik has to choose, its you or either his past" he said and i looked at him "what will you do papaji" "something i should have done before only, now you all go and sleep its already past dinner time, you also go now drishti now i wont let him hurt you more you dont deserve this" i nodded and everyone left but atharv was still in the kitchen playing with bottle of water.

I went towards him and touched his arms gently, he didn't flinch thankgod. at first when i came i saw him flinching and getting angry whenever someone touched him and he even lashed out on me once when I applied colour on his face but later he apologized and slowly slowly he started getting comfortable with my friendly touches. "what happened atharv?"