ten

ten: hey, stranger
word count: 1296

  "You did what?" I asked anxiously, immediately becoming immersed in my own thoughts. While a part of me was thankful, knowing that Justin Bieber had my phone number was an indescribable feeling. I felt like I was living in a dream, like I had slipped into a coma before I even got to New York and this was all in a dream state. It didn't feel real.

  "What's the big deal? You had a conversation with him last night... Not to mention, you two were grinding all up on each other," Grace smirked as she raised her eyebrows and sipped her coffee.

  "Yes... But that was because I was taking advantage of what I thought was a one-time opportunity," I huffed, shaking my leg nervously as I took a gulp from my Gatorade, "I feel like I'm back in middle school, waiting for my crush to text me!"

  I couldn't help but laugh at myself, closing my eyes and laying my head on my closed hands that rested on the counter in front of me. Grace let out a small laugh before finishing the DoorDash order she was placing and walking over to the couch.

  She plopped down as I followed behind her, lying down on one end of her sectional. "Relax! Bieber clearly couldn't get enough of you," she said as she mockingly moaned and groaned. Feeling heat rush to my cheeks, I grabbed a throw pillow tucked beside me and threw it at her in hopes she'd stop.

  She grabbed the tv remote, turning it on and sifting through the selections of what we could watch. She's right, y'know. I shouldn't be so nervous. He jumped through hoops to get my number; called Kendall to get Grace's number so he could get mine. He wants to talk to me.

  Pulling me from my thoughts, Grace had chosen 'The Office' and I turned my attention to the screen. I had never really been able to get into this show, but I didn't mind watching it. Just as I had successfully distracted myself, my phone pinged.

Today 9:02 AM

unknown:
hey stranger

rylee:
woww you still don't know my name??

unknown:
i know ur name 🙄 RYLEE

rylee:
and you spelled it right? okay i'm impressed 😏

unknown:
it's justin btw

maybe: justin:
u prob already knew that tho

rylee:
yes i knew hahaha

rylee:
hi justin

justin:
also... i might've stalked ur insta earlier and that's how i knew how to spell ur name 🫣

rylee:
okay weirdo

justin:
i'm not a weirdo wtf 😂

justin:
i went thru a lot of trouble to get ur number

justin:
i think ur worth it tho

rylee:
chill out, i was just playing lol

rylee:
damn right i'm worth it 😤