twenty-six

twenty-six: jealousy, jealousy
word count: 1109

  After we had finished eating our burgers, we all gravitated to the living room where we lounged around. Time flies when you're having fun. We had spent nearly three hours watching a movie and resulting back to talking.

  We soon realized that we had lost track of time, seeming it was past midnight. "Well... It's bedtime, kids," Chaz sighed as he slapped the tops of his legs. He stood up, stretching, as Justin and I stood as well. "I'll show you to your room," Justin said as he grabbed my suitcase, carrying it up the stairs for me.

  We followed behind Chaz who entered a bedroom to the left once we reached the top of the staircase. He waved goodnight as he entered the room, closing the door behind him. I stood still, waiting for Justin to lead me to where I would be sleeping. He turned to the right, opening a bedroom door on the left at the end of the hallway.

I took note of the two bedrooms we passed to get to this one. I also took note of Justin giving me a room as far away from Chaz as possible. I didn't mind, though. I thought it was kind of attractive that he might be a little jealous.

Justin opened the door, walking in with my suitcase rolling behind him. "I hope this is okay. You can pick another room if you want. I just thought you'd be comfy here," he said in a grunt as he placed my suitcase on the bed.

"This is perfect," I smiled as I looked around the room. It was just as pristine as the rest of the house, still decorated with pops of colorful art pieces. "You're welcome to use the dresser or the closet, anything you need," he said as he sat down on the bed.

"Why, thank you," I said as I cheekily smiled, unzipping my suitcase and beginning to unpack. "Sorry I forgot to mention Chaz staying here," he said, breaking the momentary silence.

"It's fine! He just scared me, that's all," I said as I used the spare hangers in the empty closet to hang my clothes. Justin was quieter than usual. He broke the silence once again, "You like him?"

With furrowed eyebrows, I turned to face Justin. What? Was he actually still jealous from earlier tonight? "Do I like him?" I asked, "Uh... Yeah, I guess. I mean, he's funny and he's pretty easy to get along with." As I looked at Justin, I noticed him bite the inside of his cheek as he looked at the wall.

He stayed quiet, trapped in thought as he continued to look at the wall with envy in his eyes. "Why?" I asked sort of seductively as I began to toy with him, walking closer to him. He shook his head nonchalantly, acting as if he didn't care, "Just wondering if I have to worry about you sneaking into his room tonight."

I was shocked. I could not believe he had just said that. Does he really think I'm that type of girl? That I'd sleep with his friend whom I just met? "Oh my god," I said with wide eyes, "You're jealous!"

I approached him, standing in between his legs as he stayed seated on the edge of the bed. "Psht... No," he scoffed, turning up his lip and rolling his eyes. My hands snaked around to hold his head, scratching through his hair as I now forced him to look at me. "You are... But you don't have to be," I said as I turned my head sideways, smiling at him to reassure him.

He sat there blankly, his eyes telling me he had been burned before. I let go of him, picking up his hands that rested beside him and placing them on the sides of my waist. My hands returned to their previous position, both of us now holding each other. "I'm kind of offended that you think I'd sleep with him. One... I don't like him like that. Two... I just met him tonight. Three... I haven't had sex in two years," I said as he looked into my eyes.

His expression changed to a surprised look. "Really?" he asked as his hands got a firmer grip on me. I nodded without saying a word. "You're the first person I've been intimate with in years," I said in a whisper. "No wonder you think I'm a player," he joked.

"There's no shame in it. I'm just not into one night stands," I shrugged. His eyes lit up and a smirk spread on his face, "I bet you would've slept with me the first night we met had you not left as early."

I raised my eyebrows as I smirked back at him, "Really?" He bit his lip, nodding and laughing slightly as he teased me. "Well, I might've," I admitted as I looked to the wall, "But only because I know for a fact that you'd want me more than once."

His eyebrows raised as he smiled wide, "Oh, is that so?" He laughed and pulled me into him further. "Mhm," I hummed. Biting his lip again, he just eyed me as he held my waist in his hands. He never kissed me. He just examined me so deeply.

  "I'm gonna finish unpacking," I whispered as I stepped away, feeling his grip hold me as long as he could before dropping from my waist. "You better get some sleep," I laughed as I finished putting the rest of my things away. Justin stood up from the bed, stretching as he walked towards the door.

  "And no sneaking into Chaz's room!" I joked, pointing a scolding finger at him. "No promises. He gives good cuddles," he said back as he smiled against the doorframe.

  I couldn't help but bust out in laughter. I grabbed my toiletry bag, walking toward him to go to the bathroom we had passed on the way to my room. "Goodnight," I cooed as he stood in the doorframe, blocking me from going anywhere. He didn't say anything and just puckered his lips up.

  I placed a soft, quick peck on his lips. He pulled away with a smile, "Goodnight." I smiled as well, walking to the bathroom and getting ready for bed.

author's note
— hey everyone! i hope you enjoyed this chapter. i know it's fairly short and fairly boring... i got a little bit of writer's block going on. while this was kind of a stupid chapter, it sets up for future chapters. anyways, more to come <3