twenty

twenty: the remix
word count: 1335

Nearly a month had passed and I still found myself replaying my moments with Justin over and over. Unfortunately, I hadn't heard from him since we had to say goodbye. I was trying to come to terms with it and heal within myself, even though I should've known better.

I had a feeling it would end up like this. Life had gone back to normal and it was almost as if nothing had ever happened. I had resumed working from home, picking up shifts at Broad Creamery, and performing every night that I could at the local bars.

Grace and I had kept more in touch, however. It wasn't every day that we were able to speak to one another, but we definitely were closer than we had been. I didn't expect much from Grace or Justin. They were well known and had shit to do.

I couldn't say that I wasn't disappointed, though. I was really hoping Justin would prove me wrong; that we'd actually keep in touch and at least be friends of some sort. I had tried my hardest to move on from that night, but it was impossible. He was addictive.

My day had been fairly boring. I had the day off from both of my jobs and had decided to take a self care day. This consisted of being lazy, laying around in pajamas, and watching movies all day. It was now later in the evening and I had finished eating dinner about an hour ago.

I was now deciding it was time to get to the actual self care; blasting music through my apartment and getting drunk to try to drown out my sorrows. Cliché, I know... I don't care, sometimes a girl just needs to get drunk and vibe by herself.

It wasn't too late, only seven-thirty-two in the evening and I was definitely buzzing off the big bottle of peach wine that was already a third of the way empty. I was sitting on the couch, listening to a random playlist from YouTube off of my tv, when my phone buzzed beside me.

Today 7:33 PM

gray:
RYLEE

gray:
I KNOW YOU'RE AWAKE

gray:
HEYYYYY

gray:
you just posted like 5 mins ago on your private story on snapchat, i know you're awake bitch

gray:
DON'T YOU DARE IGNORE ME!!

rylee:
HI

rylee:
YES I'M AWAKE

rylee:
WHAT

rylee:
ARE YOU OKAY?!??

gray:
oh good you are still awake

rylee:
"hey, how've you been" would've been nice lol

rylee:
what's so important? why were you yelling at me?? 👀

gray:
hehehe

gray:
*Sent a GIF*

gray:*Sent a GIF*