𝕻𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖊 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖇𝖆𝖈𝖐

My heart raced, matching the rhythm of the tires screeching against the asphalt. I couldn't escape the tangled mess I'd just left behind.

Lolita's eyes, the look of confusion and hurt in them, lingered in my rearview mirror. The events that had unfolded weren't what I had expected when I met her. The chasm between Tom and me seemed impossible to get over, and regret gnawed at my gut like a relentless beast. I've never hit him, at least not like that.

The white bra, discarded carelessly on the passenger seat, taunted me. It was more than just fabric; it symbolized the reckless act that had happened between Tom and Lolita, and every time I looked at it, the urge to turn the car around and go back grew stronger. I want to have Lolita like Tom did. I couldn't deny the truth any longer. I was so jealous of Tom; thats why I hit him, but he is my twin, he is the most important thing I have, so why?

My phone buzzed, and I fumbled to read Lolita's message: "Bill, where are you going? Please come back." Her words pierced through my soul, pushing me to confront the mess I'd created. It was tearing me apart.

The minutes ticked by as I drove away, leaving behind a trail of chaos. The road ahead stretched endlessly, but my mind was consumed by guilt and regret. How had everything spiraled out of control so quickly?

Tom's pov:

As I sat on the couch, holding the ice pack Lolita had given me to my cheek, George's car pulled into the driveway. They had returned, their footsteps echoing through the doorway as they entered the living room. Their eyes widened in shock as they took in the shattered coffee table and the tension that hung in the air.

"What on earth happened here?" George demanded, his voice a mixture of concern and confusion. He turned to me and Lolita, and we exchanged a nervous glance. "Someone better explain this."

I cleared my throat, my voice shaky. "Well, you see, Bill got a little upset. We had an argument, and things got out of hand." Lolita nodded in agreement. "Yes, it was just a heated argument, and the table accidentally got knocked over."

Gustav's brow furrowed as he gazed at my face and the ice pack I was holding. "An argument? This doesn't look like 'just an argument' to me," he said, stepping closer to the table and examining it closely. We exchanged another quick glance, silently pleading with each other to come up with a convincing story.

"It was about a girl we met a while ago," I continued, "and emotions ran high. Bill decided to leave for a while to cool off." George's gaze remained skeptical, but he seemed to accept the explanation for the time being. "Well, we'll need to clean this up. Where's Bill now?"

Lolita spoke up, her voice tinged with worry. "We don't know; he just drove off." George sighed, clearly concerned about the situation. "Lolita, come with me; we should spend some time together and discuss some things. In the meantime, you two clean this up. Call me when Bill comes back."

When they finally left, Gustav turned to me, expecting an explanation. "Tom, what the hell actually happened here? And who is that mysterious girl?"

"Lolita," I whispered, and started picking up the glass pieces.

"Lolita?" He gasped, taken aback. "Why would you have a fight about Lolita?" He kneeled down next to me, helping me pick up the broken pieces of the coffee table.  I took a deep breath, trying to find the right words to explain the situation to Gustav.

"Well, Gustav," I began, "it's a bit complicated. You see, I might have ignored what Georg told me and had some... how do I say it... exclusive time with Lolita."

"What?" he turned to me, confused.

"We almost had sex." I looked at him, ready to be judged harshly. He covered his mouth with his hand and just stared at me, shocked. "You know, she is probably still a virgin, right?" he whispered. My heart stopped for a second. "What do you mean 'still a virgin'? How do you know that?"

"Well, we were in the car for more than six hours," he explained, "we had a lot of time to talk, don't you think?" I just stared at him, silent. "Georg told me about the time when she was fourteen, and her boyfriend at the time did something really shitty, and that's why she never dated anyone after that." He stood up to throw out the glass he had in his hands. "He said he doesn't want her to be hurt like that again, that's why he told you two to stay away from her."

"Oh, I didn't know that."

"Of course you didn't. You never do."