𝐌𝐑: »𝐎𝐁𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃«

MATTHEO RIDDLE

SUMMARY: you and mattheo have been dating for a few months now and everything is perfect. well, everything except for one thing: for some reason, you are obsessed with his ex-girlfriend.

inspired by the olivia rodrigo song "obsessed" from her album guts (spilled)

YOUR WHOLE LIFE seemed perfect right now. your grades were fine, you had nice friends and the best part was, you had the best boyfriend possible.

mattheo riddle and you have been dating for around three months now, and ever since then, you were the happiest you have ever been. mattheo was the perfect boyfriend. he wasn't just completely handsome and hot, but the two of you also matched each other perfectly. he was fun to be around, always found a way to cheer you up and made you come out of your shell.

sure, he had his problems here and there, especially with his family, but over all, he was incredible. your friends were all jealous of your relationship that seemed flawless. everyone thought you were the perfect couple. and you were. you both loved each other and thought that you were the ones for one another.

there was just one big problem.

you were literally obsessed with his ex-girlfriend.

everybody knew that mattheo dated this girl named daisy greengrass before you. they dated for around 9 months and nobody really knows why they broke up. some say it's because mattheo cheated, others say that daisy found his ways of living too unhealthy.

but people loved them together. and now that you were his new girl, you felt like you had to be perfect to overshadow their past relationship. mattheo always told you that he was over daisy, that he had moved on with you and she did the same with her new boyfriend, but for some reason, you didn't completely buy it from him.

and so you caught yourself thinking about daisy all the time. whenever you and mattheo sat in the great hall at breakfast, dinner or lunch, your eyes secretly scan the room for her. you hated yourself for doing it, but you couldn't stand it when she was in the same room as you, even though she went to the same school.

it was completely unhealthy of you to do so, but over time, you found out a lot about her. you knew almost everything about her: her blood-type, her star-sign, her favorite animal, her address, everything.

daisy was also utterly beautiful with her dark blonde hair, the kind brown eyes and the charming smile. no wonder mattheo fell in love with her. a hate towards her grew inside you. often you found yourself wishing that she didn't exist. you wanted to find reasons to kick her out of the school or make everyone hate her.

mattheo and your relationship was going great. he seemed to be so in love with you and treated you like a queen. he always organized fun and romantic dates with you, made time for you all the time and actually started to care about things like grades and his future. in other words, you helped him become a better person.

everyone saw how good you were for him. everyone except for you. mattheo barely spoke about daisy, some would think that he forgot that she existed. but whenever he mentioned her name, you felt so threatened. plus you remembered every little detail he told you about: how many siblings she has, in what town her new boyfriend lives, how she likes her tea.

however, it was so obvious that they were both over each other, but you just couldn't accept it. it also didn't help that she was just so fucking nice. daisy smiled at everyone, gave genuine compliments to random girls and was so kind to the teachers.

one time when you had a conversation with your best friend pansy, daisy somehow became the topic of your talk.  pansy mentioned that daisy spoke to her about you. apparently she said that she thinks your the best thing that could have happen to mattheo and that she thinks you guys are absolutely perfect for each other.