Chapter : 12

Death is a universal fear that all living beings confront at some point in their lives

Death is a universal fear that all living beings confront at some point in their lives. It is a bitter truth that we must all face in this harsh reality. For a moment, I thought my life had come to an end. My body was frozen from terror, still in shock.

Ivan's voice was firm as he said, "Go there, I'll chase that guy." However, my body froze, and no words came through me. I tried my best to look calm as I held onto his sleeve tightly, my hand shaking from fear. Ivan's eyes met mine, and he reassured me with a gentle voice, "It's okay now." With a trembling voice, I said, "Let's get out of here." With his support, we escaped the situation; I am grateful for his presence.

I was frozen in fear, my body trembling uncontrollably. He noticed my distress and clicked his tongue in a comforting manner, offering his hand. I slowly reached out and held his hand tightly as we approached the carriage. The silence between us was deafening, but his presence was a source of comfort I desperately needed. Throughout the ride, neither of us spoke a word, lost in our thoughts and the sound of the carriage wheels against the ground.

It was already time for sunset when we reached the mansion; I broke the silence, "Thank you for today," saying my words, I left him alone at the doorstep.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

In my room...

I was lying in my bed, eyes fixed on the ceiling. It still terrifies me when I think about that man. Those eyes were full of killing intent, enough to choke one in fear. Strangely enough - 'why does he have that much bloodlust towards me? Why did he want to kill me? What did I do to that person?'

As I reflect on today's events, I feel grateful to Ivan for his timely arrival. Had it not been for him, I can't even imagine what might have happened. As soon as Ivan arrived, I felt a sense of relief wash over me.

As I slowly roes up from the bed, I approached the table and began analyzing the novel in greater detail.

As the first volume of the story comes to an end, Ivan receives a unique gift from God - the ability to regress into his past. Through this blessing, he can travel back in time.He would usually revert before getting married, typically within six months or so. With divine intervention, he consistently retains his memories when traveling back in time.

In the second volume of the story, the protagonist goes back in time three months before his marriage to Arya. Despite his reluctance to enter into the marriage, he is unable to avoid it. However, armed with knowledge of the future, he attempts to prevent the tragic events that befall him and his family. Unfortunately, despite his efforts, he fails to protect the female lead, who meets her untimely end on the battlefield during the war.

In the third volume of the story, he reverted before six months of his marriage. The protagonist learns from his past mistakes and decides to be more strategic in his actions. He cunningly uses Arya, to take down the Marquis, one of his enemies. Later on, he assists the tower in bringing the female lead into their world. However, despite his efforts, she falls in love with another man. This leaves Arya, who deeply loves the protagonist, feeling betrayed and heartbroken. Unable to bear the pain, she tragically takes her own life.