Chapter : 57

As Mervin and Arya sift through the book in search of information on mana flow, Mervin remarks, "Doesn't every noble receive education on mana flow at a young age? So why is my lady looking for it now? Stores like us can't afford such valuable books

As Mervin and Arya sift through the book in search of information on mana flow, Mervin remarks, "Doesn't every noble receive education on mana flow at a young age? So why is my lady looking for it now? Stores like us can't afford such valuable books."

Arya remains silent, recalling from the real Arya's memories that she never received such education, being a non-mana user unlike her brothers.

Mervin continues, "I don't understand this mana thing. I'm not a mana user, you see. But my sister is; she does these cool things with her hands. It's really amazing. Wait till you meet her."

Arya sighs as she tucks in a book, thinking, 'he talks too much.'

"Oh, my lady, I forgot to ask. Did you find anything on the Black Forest? How did your research go?" Mervin queries, breaking Arya's thoughts.

This alarms Arya, knowing better than to discuss it, especially with such a fanatic. So, she remains silent, avoiding the topic.
"My lady?" Mervin prompts, sensing her silence.
"Ah, about that, actually," Arya nervously responds, looking sideways, "I quit."

Upon hearing her reply, Mervin remains calm and quiet for a moment, as if trying to grasp the situation, then suddenly yelled loudly, "WHAT?"

As soon as he yelled, a thick book fell on his head, causing him to bite his tongue. Arya was taken aback by the sight of the floating book as a voice accompanied it, saying, "Quiet."

A woman bearing a striking resemblance to Mervin approached them, clutching a thick book tightly. But she was more of a attractive type,  "Didn't I tell you not to set foot in here?" she said, her expression twisted in anger.

"Haha, sissy, look, I brought friends," Mervin said, while gently stroking his head. Arya was speechless. 'Does he want to die? She looks like she's about to kill him.'

The woman glanced at Arya, making her flinch. Confused, she looked back at Mervin. "You made a friend?"
Mervin, being himself, responded with a goofy smile.

"Hello, I'm Amilna, this idiot's sister, and the owner of this store," she said, offering her hand to shake. Arya shook her hand and replied, "Arya, and not a friend." Amilna raised her brows in confusion, while Mervin interjected, "Hey, that's not right." Seeing her brother like that, Amilna chuckled.

"So, what brings you here to our store?" Amilna asked as Arya explained her reason, emphasizing the important factors. "Hmm, I don't think we have anything for you, but if it's about mana flow, I think Uncle Jimel might be of help," Amilna commented.

"Who's Uncle Jimel? And where can I find him?" Arya inquired. Amilna asked her brother to escort them to Uncle Jimel's house. After thanking her, Arya went out to Jimel's house along with the others.

After passing three more shops, Jimel's house was on the right side of the shop. They stopped in front of a shop that looked like a blacksmith's shop. Excitedly, Mervin said, "Come in," as he opened the door and they all walked inside. "Uncle Jimel, your beloved nephew has come to visit. I brought some friends. You know..." Mervin's sentence was interrupted by a frying pan hitting his face. Shocked, Arya and the others witnessed the scene. "How many times do I have to say, 'SHUT UP,' Gabby", a firm voice said, as an old man with a hammer in hand emerged.