Chapter 2: Ocean eyes, we meet again...

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Sherlock was too shocked to see such an important part of his life. There stood, in front of him, the woman that made him feel more than he ever did throughout his life. She was as perfect as the day he had first laid his eyes on her.

That specific thread of memory seemed to have been unlocked, making the famous man remember it all by seconds. The glorious dance, the harmonious music that they had played together, the exchanged promises sealed by featherlight but meaningful gestures.

The whole year that he had passed with her came back, crashing into his spirit. How he had missed her, missed her figure, her eyes, her hair, her lips. He had missed the calming atmosphere of listening to her play her heart out on the piano.

Unfortunately, the woman wasn't really remembering the bright part of it. Instead, she remembered being there only when he needed her too. She remembered how she felt, like she was nothing more than a temporary adventure. Something that was only meant to be hidden from the eyes.

But... There were times when she didn't feel so alone. When she felt understood and not in another world apart from the intimidating civilization. He was one of the only things that brought her back on her feet, back on earth. Except for the music she creates, she felt at peace whenever she met those piercing poetic ocean eyes.

Bitter was the only emotion describing what she felt when she met her forgotten source of light for a long time. Although Sherlock's face was full of hope, hers wasn't filled with the usual excitement that she used to have.

Intrigued by the scene, Enola and Mycroft were watching the two other individuals carefully expecting to find any clue on their situation. Sadly for them, y/n cut their thoughts by speaking, never sending another look to the smart detective.

"Welcome back, Enola," she said with a smile. "Are you still available for our shopping session or are you now busy with those two gentlemens ?" She had got up from the bench, greeting the new arrivals.

Her tone was a bit stern, but it wasn't against the girl, it was against the man that she thought she'd never see again.

"Um... Actually I need you to stay here. Mother somehow disappeared" Enola was feeling the tension in the room, which made her voice slightly hesitant.

"Eudoria ? But, she was there yesterday, wasn't she?" Confusion took place in y/n's face, showing how the situation wasn't normal.

"She has been absent since this morning, apparently." Sherlock's deep voice could be heard around the room. He had got out of his trance, returning back to the main reason he was here.

He had tried making the woman look his way, in vain. She didn't bulge, instead choosing to look intensely in Enola's eyes.

"Oh, right! y/n this is Mycroft and Sherlock, my brothers !" Said Enola enthusiastically.

Y/n simply send their way, mostly towards Mycroft, a soft smile. The latter had answered with a small nod before looking around the room.

Tons and tons of objects were piled up here and there. It went from flowers, mostly chrysanthemums to be exact, drawings and painting and books. On the table, were displaced two rackets, a small net that was presumingly for a small ball game.

Picking up the said racket, Mycroft decided to question Enola about it.

"What is this?" He asked, turning around.

"Tennis?" Enola seemed unsure about her answer, as if she didn't understand the purpose of his question. "Mother says I'm getting quite proficient." She finished, looking towards Sherlock in y/n's direction.