Chapter 10: The Pocket Watch

ੈ✩‧₊˚

"I need your help." Enola's voice startled y/n who had just left Sherlock's flat's building.

"Oh my, Enola. You almost gave me a heart attack." Muttered y/n as she walked down the street. "What do you need help with?"

"My case, obviously." Answered the younger Holmes matter-of-factly.

The older woman frowned out of pure confusion as they walked side by side, swerving between the Londoniens in the streets. "I'd need you to elaborate on that one."

"So you're willing to help?" Asked Enola, her eyes filled with hope.

"I would but there's a ton of boring old meetings that I have been suffering from those past few weeks, absolutely... And I need to attend those. Though I," Sigh "Suppose I can help for the time being."

"I can deal with that. You're coming with me." Enola grabbed y/n's hand, walking at a faster pace.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

"How dare he? How dare he lecture me?" The two young ladies had managed to settle in a park, on a bench, so Enola could finish her breakfast aka the Dundee cake.

They had walked to y/n's apartment, to allow her to change into a much more comfortable attire that didn't draw as much attention as the dress the musician had worn earlier.

"Maybe-"

"When he can't even solve his own case." Interrupted Enola as she continued her frustrated rambling. "And he lives in a bed of flummoxing papers and bewildering mold. How dare he claim that I'm desperate? It is not true."

Enola took another bite of her breakfast before turning to face y/n. "And it is not fair." She said angrily.

"Enola?"

Recognising the voice, Enola sent wide eyes at y/n before turning around to meet Tewkbury's figure.

"It is you." He said with a charming smile. He was dressed with one of the finest materials, a cane at hand and a hat at head.

The pianist watched as Enola rose from the bench, quickly finishing her mouthful under the curious e/c eyes of y/n that looked between the two teenagers.

"And it is you." She answered with a much calmer tone than previously.

"How are you?" He asked as Enola wiped the crumbs of cake off her face timidly. "Are you well? You look..."

"I'm on a case. Undercover, With my friend." She paused before frowning in realization. "Forget I told you that piece of information."

"You know, it's the strangest thing." He looked behind him, gesturing to the peaceful road and turned to face Enola back again with a smile. "I could have sworn I've seen you here before."

Enola's eyes slightly opened as she looked to the side. "Is that right?"

"Well, this is my... My route through the Lords." Tewksbury explained, presenting his hat.

"Is it?" The 16 year old girl chuckled nervously. "How lovely." She showed the half eaten cake as she talked, stumbling upon her words. "Well, I- I breakfast here on occasion."

"Ah... I see you brought a friend."

"Oh, that's y/n." Presented Enola as the older woman came to stand by her side.

Tewksbury's face lit up with recognition. "You're... You're the y/n y/l/n? I can't believe it, I absolutely love your compositions."

"You listen to my music?" Asked y/n skeptically.