2.

* * *

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

LOCATION:

The Ark—Captain's Family Quarters

_____

Coordinates:40º 19' 10.5168" N73º 8' 31.0416" W_____

Walking further inside the cabin, Delilah settled her pack down. Careful to make sure the tablet inside wouldn't crack from her carelessness. Yet upon taking her next step, the instant dread of what was to come had nearly paralyzed her. 

All to the point where she began to wish upon every wave above that Hardin was not present.

Though, given how angry their father seemed today, perhaps it wouldn't be the best time to host when there was a conversation that needed to take place. One that Delilah was dreading for quite some time now.

Approaching the opening to the dining area, she wore a smile on her face as she bent down to kiss her mother's cheek and settled into the chair beside her. Given that both men were at either end of the table.

"You're late again, Delilah." Her mother scolded, and she simply gave the usual apology as there was no use arguing over it.
Though her father's next words were a nice surprise.

"Not any later than us, Lauren. Delilah has her own project to take care of, and a team to lead. I just wish I knew about it sooner." It was an odd praise, given that it ended with a reprimand to John.

"I'm sure John meant to—"
"Lauren, he had ample time to tell me about his sister's plans. If not him, then Hardin—Or Eli! Instead, I find out the night of that our daughter is going on an expedition." Silence had taken over the table, and all eyes had gone straight to Delilah in a bout of question.

Starting with her mother, frantic as ever for an explanation. "I didn't see the point in explaining it again."

"The point?! You're leaving the walls, I have the right to know!" If it hadn't been for her mother's shout, perhaps Delilah could have managed to keep it in, but no, there was no point.

"I did tell you, multiple times. Whenever you ask about my day, I would always try to talk about how I was rebuilding the Neptune so we could leave according to plan. But the conversation usually ends before it begins, mom." Her mother had been left speechless, and soon enough, the food had risen from the placemat before them all. Yet the scent of steamed fish and noodles had already warned her about what her mother had ordered to be delivered from the kitchen.

One glance down, and Delilah had felt sick—Utterly sick to her stomach.

"I'm not hungry, finish without me." She issued, rising from her seat and hurrying away to her room that was tucked between her brother and parents. It was a narrow doorway that instantly slid shut upon her entry, given that it was connected to her band and verified her arrival.

The soft hues she had picked to manage the lights had revealed the gentle waves of blue that she craved to see. Though, it was nothing like the distant rays of light that would sometimes be cast out on the visible ocean floor.

Perhaps, if time allowed it, she could see it on her own.

Even with her qualifications and passing the tests to secure her license, she had never been given the opportunity to explore in a wide-set expedition.
On the Neptune, she would be considered Captain.