8.

* * *

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

LOCATION:

The Depths—Kelp Forest

_____

Coordinates:

D̫ͣḁ̵̷̧̛̦̖̫̣͔̹͔ͩͩ̔ͣ͌̇͂́͊̍͒̓̏͒͋̚͟͜͝ţ̸̷̶̵̲̘̗͖̼͇̭̳͙̭̻͉͖̊͊̀͂̍̌̃͛͌́́ͨͫͫͥ̔ͫ̏͘͞͝͠aͦ_̢̧̫̦̗̱͇̝̗̹͓ͣ̈́͆ͥͭͦ̈ͥ͆̉ͦ̈́̒͜͢͡_̫͈͍͖͙̗̀̏̕͞_̶͔͍͗ͮ͊ Ç̵̬̜̜͎̼̘̠̤̹͈̠̼̣͎͑͆͐ͦ̄̋ͩͤ̊̐ͬ͌͛̚͜͟͡͠ͅo̡̻̭̅ͫͯͩ͑_̵̺͋ͤ̅̂͜r̷̜̳ͯ_̵̷̴̴̡̛̤̟̟͍̯̥ͭ͑̌ͩ̀̇̓̈́ͭͧ̌̅̀̈̔ͧ́ͣ̄͌ͪ́̏̕͢͟͜͡r̨̬̪̘̙̣̔ͦ̓ͨ̀ͬǘ̡̡̨̡̟̺̮͓̽̉̓͛̓ͨ͘͝p̢̻̦͙̘͖̮͖̝̞̳͔̟̬ͩ̀̃ͧ̂̃̇̾̒͌͗͒͒̒̈̈́̆̅ͧ̇̆̃ͭ̅̿̀̃ͫ̃́ͦ͝t̸̹̗͙̓ͮ̍͂̔̉̆͑ͧͥ͂͂͜͟͡͞͞_̧̡ͣ̌ͬę͕̥̯͔͉͚͙̌͛̾̏̂̎͆ͧ̐̓̌̚͘͠d

_____

Unknown POV

It had been a rather unprompted hunt, no, it was meant to be a simple scouting group to see if there was anything in this area—Had he known this was already a planned hunt from the Grinem Kingdom, he would have forfeited the area for the day.

As their 'hunt' was going horribly wrong due to it's lack of coordination.

In addition to the fact that it was pushing ever so close to the unseen, there was no gratifying way to admit that there was no sort of plan whatsoever. The unseen, the strange beings that were, were only equipped to stay within their sheltered dome.

Or that's what he believed, anyway.

For generations, he and the rest of his Kingdom hadn't seen or heard much from this direction, and it pained him to see that this gruel hunt led by the Grinem Kingdom had been an awful introduction.

One that he had been pitching to his father since the dawn of time, but now he had been since called a pup and actually fit well into to pitch to his status of Prince.

"Prince Alders...Sir, the beast is down...Those from Grinem are fighting for the claim of the kill..." Zale spoke in a cautious tone, not wanting the others to hear about the horrors that could have happened if all went wrong.

And here, the only directive of those careless hunters was to claim the meat?

"And the Unseen?"
"We have pulled them away from harm, over by the Kelp."
Alders had nodded and went towards the direction Zale had gestured to. However, there was no possible way he could manage to lighten his grip on his spear.

Even now, he could see the cloud of blood drawing a fine line behind him as he quickened his movements and fought through the cooling current. The masses of whatever else dwelled in this direction had caught the scent of blood, and it made Alders worry that the Unseen was injured.

Had he and his scouting team been just another minute or two later to arrive at this commotion, there would be an entire foreign beast filled with dead Unseen—All because the Grinem Kingdom couldn't handle the treaties set into place to leave the dome on its own.

The hunting regulations were set in place for this very reason. This lone Unseen wasn't meant to be abandoned, but even he understood the gravity of saving the masses rather than one life.

But that one life was nowhere to be found, at least, not where Zale had claimed them to be.

In a panic, Alders had widened his gills at the base of his neck to compose himself. His father would be livid when he heard the risks of what a simple scouting crew had endured.