5.

* * *

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

LOCATION:

The Ark—Hanger #3

_____

Coordinates:
40º 18' 10.5165" N
73º 8' 31.0416" W

_____

Delilah felt utterly relieved that yet another day was marked off, to what felt like a decade-long project she placed herself into.

Granted, there were a few benefits in regards to the expansion of the Ark—Not only did their outings bring new findings of additional information about their surroundings. But it almost always produced a plethora of food that wasn't from the storage units.

Basically meaning fish in captivity that have been breeding within confinement since they were captured.
Since the Neptune was already out and about, Delilah had seen it make the most sense not to waste the rations from the Ark.

Especially when the storage units that they had filled up during departure were transferred to the caverns to make an easier drop-off. Leaving the Neptune's storage space to be utilized in another way.

Another bonus was that she was allowed to leave the Ark for the majority of the day, every day. This worked well in Delilah's favor, given that she still hadn't rightly fixed the situation with her mother yet. Meaning she was able to avoid that situation as well.

There was no reason to continue to allow that type of behavior, not when she had other options in regard to sleeping arrangements. One was that the Hanger now offered a converted sleeping area given that some of their departure times varied between late and early.

Delilah still made it a point to make it back to her parent's cabin when she could, but it was so easy to just go to the cafeteria and make up some excuse that something went wrong or there was a breakthrough.

Her father didn't bat an eye, nor did her brother. It was usually her mother who had some stern words for her, but they were getting easier to brush off—Considering it always ended in the same way.

"You could at least make an effort to be home now."

"Do you really need to be going out there, isn't that the point of having a crew?"

"The other classes are doing just fine. It's the lower class who's getting greedy for more than they have. More than they're worth."

It was the ignorance that truly bothered her the most, the more she thought about her mother's words. So perhaps it was the fact that Delilah's grandparents had sheltered the living lights out of their daughter, which in hindsight had allowed Delilah free rein of her own interests.

Given that her mother hadn't a clue as to what was truly out there.

One way or another, she would have her mother see reason—As of right now, though, she could sleep well knowing that the first foundation of Sister Ark was days away from finishing.

Meaning that stage one was nearly complete. And that is what excited her the most. 
Once that was laid down, the prospect for more numbers to join their fleet would be placed as a priority.

Yet even then, the homey feeling of the Neptune was far too familiar to let go. Even when the offering of a newly crafted vehicle was in line—As almost a congratulations from the Captain and the crew, but truthfully, what did it matter on that front?