7.

* * *

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

LOCATION:

The Depths—The Neptune

_____

Coordinates:
40º 18' 16.5745" N
73º 7' 24.7219" W

_____

Delilah stood in the shoe box with severe hatred for the small vent. As it was designed to be compact enough to divide the entrance of the Neptune and the exit outside.
It absolutely cruel having to wait so long to be submerged in water before having the proper exit with a ridiculously slow countdown that never bothered her before. It was an ancient process that the newer designed submarines didn't need such a long stretch of time before allowing a diver to exit.

"Roberts, how much longer?"
"About two and a half minutes, Captain. The beast is gone for now...Nelson is keeping an eye on it." That had made her feel better, but as she gripped her repair tool in one hand, and checked behind her to see the Harpoon strapped on her back...

Delilah knew that things would go alright.

They had to, for the sake of their survival and the Ark's.

"Neptune, this is Captain Delilah Totten. I approve for quicker intervals in Vent 1." After a moment of silence, and no doubt Mitch's roars of disapproval were completely overturned as the Neptune's automated voice confirmed her order and rushed the water at a quicker pace.

Even with her suit, the temperate of the water still trickled in and it felt cooler than it should be—Though, that may or may not be the nerves speaking as she flicked on the lights in her suit and took the first push forward into the open terrain.

It eased Delilah a bit to see that she wasn't too far away from the Kelp Forest, a rather populated area that no doubt could switch this beast's target and appetite if it so pleased.

However, it was clear that their movement in Leviathan's territory was doing more harm than good. So with a tight grip, Delilah hurried out of the Neptune's safety nook and into unprotected waters, only to allow her body to jerk backwards and twirl to regain momentum towards her craft.

"Captain, still no sign of the Leviathan, you're clear to move," Mitch stated through the comms, and Delilah felt herself smile as she had just brought the tool upwards to the first point of concern that her data pad had directed her too.

"Copy that, tell me if there's any sign of movements." She reminded, and there had been a flurry of static coursing through the comm just as she implemented the order. In addition on starting her repair tool, allowing the metal in front of her to mend under the pressure and temperature of the open world.

After so many simulations, Delilah knew how easy it was to screw things up under pressure—But with a few timely breaths, she had already managed to finish one half of the Neptune without any sort of complication.

Until she peaked around the corner and watched something mimic her movements off in the distance behind the swaying Kelp.

"Mitch, report."
"No sign of the Leviathan. Things have returned back to 67%. We need at least 75% to be operational."

"No...Report on all movements, Mitch." Delilah repeated, and after a mere second passed, she had caught her own radar on her wrist and caught a few dozen dots coming forward with haste.