Sum of Their Parts

Kanan's POV:

Y/N is very resourceful and strategic. He uses every advantage his environment gives him, and his drive to get us home is commendable. Dare I say he has the heart of a rebel. But I have to focus on the mission for us to achieve our goal: getting back to our galaxy and back in the fight against the Empire. Sneaking to the back door he discussed, I opened the door, revealing our path inside. So far, so good. Signaling Ezra and Sabine to follow me, I went a little deeper into the shop until we got to the opening where the garages were. "Ezra, stay here and keep this door shut. Sabine, find a spot for Y/N's truck and pull the chain closest to it. I'll shadow you both from the hallway," I whispered, reminding them of their roles. They nodded, and we sneaked inside, careful to not make any loud noises. Sabine swiftly found an open space and gave me a thumbs up. I returned the gesture, and she proceeded to tiptoe across the room towards the chain. The garage door was meticulously raised, and a familiar truck sound soon caught my attention. Y/N was backing in, so it was time for step two.

Y/N's POV:

I got my truck inside with some careful maneuvers, surprised that a blaring, repetitive sound hadn't filled the room yet. The bed was facing inward, so getting the materials on board would be easier. "Hera, you're on lookout duty. Make sure nothing comes near the garage. Zeb, you're with me," I said quietly. Parking my truck, I got out, and Zeb followed suit. The first item on the list was a toolset. Easy to grab, as it was on a storage rack in the back hallway. Kanan saw us coming and switched positions with us, getting in the bed of my truck, ready to place down everything. Handing Zeb the toolset, I found a caulking gun out of the corner of my vision. Half-jogging to it, I lost my balance and almost tripped over something, mentally cursing at myself. We never left stuff lying around when I was here, but oh well, no time to fix it. I got up and grabbed the caulking gun. I then turned around, carefully pacing myself to avoid the rogue objects on the floor. Handing Zeb the tool, I went back into the hallway to grab the last item there, only to find it missing. "Shit, what do I do, what do I do?" I muttered, borderline freaking out that our plan might fail because of a missing item. However, this fear was overblown, as I saw it in the scrap pile I almost fell over. I grabbed the stick with caution and signaled Ezra to follow me. After making it back to the repair space, Zeb took the stick and passed it to Kanan. I motioned Sabine to stand guard in the opening between us and the hallway, covering our backs more efficiently. "Zeb, I need help carrying the rest. Everything is a two-man job now," I said. Leading him to the far corner of the room, I realized it was pitch black. I couldn't differentiate between the metals lying on the racks if I couldn't see. A streetlight behind some bushes was the only illumination we could use, and it could only be seen if one stood in the garage's opening. Desperate, I pulled out my phone and used the screen to slightly illuminate my field of vision. Using my real flashlight would be easily visible on the camera feed, and that could blow our cover. I grabbed about four sheets each of steel and tungsten, handing my pile to Zeb. Walking gingerly in between the cars being stowed overnight and their stands, I made it to the rack where the window frames were. I took five just to be safe, and eventually made it back to my truck. Ezra and Kanan were busy taking the items from Zeb, so I waited until his hands were free, then passed my frames off. "Sabine," I mouthed. Getting her attention, I waved to her until she saw me. "What?" She whispered. Approaching her, I gave her our next task. "Once I get the frame straightener, pull the chain to close the garage, then go back out the way you came. I'll pick you up after, and remember that you're riding in the passenger seat," I instructed. She got into position while I went to a rack in the middle of the room. Of course it's on top. Motioning Zeb to come with me, I pointed up. "Get me on your shoulders." "Are you crazy, Y/N? I'll drop you!" He complained. "Shhh, now get me up there or we won't get home," I said. You have the height and the strength to do it, and complaining wastes time. Please just help me up. Suddenly, the purple guy slung me on his shoulders, struggling to maintain his balance. "Steady!" I cautioned. A few seconds later, he stabilized himself, and I managed to grab the frame straightener. Zeb pulled me down, almost dropping me and the straightener with it, but I kept my grip, denying the possibility of any noise being made. I gave him the appliance and got in the driver's seat of my truck, starting it. Everyone got in their assigned positions, and I pulled out of the autobody shop. I saw the garage close in my rearview mirror, so I turned towards the side door, expecting Sabine's arrival. Sure enough, there she was. Opening my passenger side door, she hopped in and I quickly drove away, hopefully never seeing that wretched place again.

"So what's next?" Hera asked, breaking the silence. "We have to get my truck through to the Ghost. The police will have upped their security after they spotted us earlier. The tall grass isn't driveable for anything, and I guarantee they'll have that spot covered as well. So, we have to draw a few of their forces away," I explained. This was wishful thinking, as the authorities wouldn't budge. Multiply that problem by more police officers and it equals a major setback. Time still isn't on our side, even though we got extremely lucky to slip by unnoticed during the robbery. I heard a few beeps from Chopper and a series of taps on the glass. I glanced in my rearview mirror to see Ezra peering in and pointing at someone. "Why is he pointing at me?" Zeb grumbled. Stopping at a red light, I sneered at him. "You just gave me a stupid idea. And it's gonna work," I cackled. "If you're so certain this works, tell us what you're thinking," Sabine said in a patronizing tone. "Zeb is - how do I put this - very, very intimidating. He can scare away a few officers, giving us enough space to get in," I said. "Heh, can't argue with that," he snickered. After a few minutes of driving, my faith dropped a little bit. Four police cars on the perimeter, and four more flanking each side of the Ghost, plus a helicopter scanning the greenery below. Yup, they definitely reacted harshly to this. "You underestimated them, Y/N," Sabine arrogantly pointed out. "Not helping," I jawed back at her. Chopper beeped something I took as mocking, so I returned a grimace to the droid. "Y/N, calm down," Hera said, who I thought was joining the slander against me. Pulling over my truck, I turned back towards the crew. "YES, I KNOW I SCREWED UP! JUST LET ME TRY TO GET US OUT OF THIS MESS! PLEASE!" I yelled, plastering shocked looks on their faces. Ezra and Kanan tapped on the glass, pushing their hands down in an attempt to temper my anger. "Look, I'm sorry. Just...let me figure something out. We can't go back now." Destroying my relationship with these people isn't happening. I sat there for a minute to collect myself and pulled out my phone. Opening the phone app, I typed in just three numbers, ready to take the biggest risk of the mission.