Search and Rescue

Y/N's POV:

I sat towards the front of Commander Sato's blockade runner as we were flying through hyperspace. Hera suggested I volunteer for a mission to assist with a rebel patrol, but I just learned that they lost contact with us a few hours ago. Our numbers are minuscule compared to the Empire's vast army, and every person matters if we're going to grow this rebellion. "We'll be arriving in the Del Zennis system any moment," a pilot informed us. I was constantly studying the star charts in front of me, and there seemed to be no planets or stellar objects within our point of interest. "Well, we're coming up on the last known position of our patrol, but it's just empty space. Nothing out here," I said, drawing a glare from the commander. Seeing his disappointed expression, I tried to save a little face. "But, that's obviously not true since the ship went missing, so there has to be something out here." "When Captain Syndulla said you volunteered for this mission, she insisted you could be helpful. Let us hope that is true," he replied. "When we drop out of hyperspace we'll see what happened. No way to know until then," I said. Our ship suddenly jolted, but we didn't reach our destination. Something was wrong. "Commander, we lost hyperdrive control," a pilot alerted. "Emergency positions!" Sato ordered. "What's going on? Are we under attack?" I asked in a panic. We slowed down, and I was greeted by a blinding light. I shielded my eyes for a brief moment before I saw an unfamiliar ship directly in my view. "Secure all stations, and get me a status report!" the commander shouted. We were pulled out of hyperspace. How? Commotion ran throughout the crew as the ship's systems became unresponsive. "It's a Star Destroyer!" I yelled, looking at the triangular-shaped underbelly of the enemy. "No, that is something else. Send a distress signal, now!" Sato ordered. "Phoenix Home to Ghost, we've been pulled out of hyperspace, the Empire-" he said before the power was cut, leaving us in panic and helpless. Our ship came to a halt, and the command deck was eerily silent. Nobody said a word as they tried to process the situation, and the next thing we knew a squad of stormtroopers forced open the door, their blasters pointed at us. "Drop your weapons, hands up!" the leader said. Being outnumbered and outgunned, all of us surrendered. My wrists were grabbed and locked with binders, and we were led out of the command ship and into the Empire's hands.

Sato and I were pushed into the bridge by our captors, where we were greeted by an officer in a black uniform. "Rebels. Out here searching for your missing patrol, I assume?" he questioned. "We are members of the Corporate Alliance. You have taken possession of my ships illegally, and I demand you release us!" Sato said angrily, looking for a quick escape from this situation. "You are in a position to demand nothing, Commander Sato. Ah yes, I am familiar with your activities in this sector. I suspected if we captured even one rebel ship, one would race to the rescue. But I dared not hope we'd capture someone as significant as you," the officer analyzed. "And who might you be, young man?" I stared him down, not saying a word. Technically, I didn't exist here, but I won't take any chances toying with a presumably high-ranking official. Not satisfied with my answer, he signaled something. A stormtrooper then whacked me on the head with his blaster, causing me to scream out in pain. "So you do talk. Your lack of compliance disturbs me, but that hardly matters now. Secure them," the officer ordered. Sato and I were pushed away from the deck, eventually getting led to a cell. A beeping noise was heard, and the lead guard picked up. "Understood sir," was all he said before closing his channel. "We have new orders to transfer the nameless prisoner to a secure cell. Move along," he said. I nodded at Commander Sato, hopefully telling him that I would be fine. I turned away, getting dragged to my new cell block. Soon after, I was released from my binders and thrown into a cell. The door closed, and I scanned my surroundings after getting up. Only a bench and a door. The ceiling is low though. I looked for an air vent but found nothing. There's no way out. I guess I'll just have to wait. Sitting down, I placed my head in my hands, praying for the door to open.