Amadeus

(231)

"Music Appreciation Party"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my first post because I want to write a private, relaxing chapter once in a while.

☆ ☆ ☆

October 1, 1775

This morning, I, Louis XVI, who woke up feeling great, was stunned by a sleepy Antoinette who chopped my face with her right hand. Antoinette, who woke up in a hurry, apologized profusely, looking very sorry, but I laughed and forgave her. It was an impressive chop, like breaking tiles in karate. Although she hit me hard on the nose, there was no nosebleed and it didn't hurt much, so I should be fine.

Now, today there is a music concert at the Palace of Versailles. It's what you would call an opera appreciation event. I thought France had the famous Paris Opera, but unfortunately, that Paris Opera was built in the late 19th century, and in the 18th century, there was no such opera house yet.

...So, since there is no opera house, we host music festivals and such as the Royal Academy of Music.

Lately, there have been discussions and debates about acquisitions in the New World, England, and Keelung in Taiwan, so I have been busy with that, and ministers like Hauser, who have been watching me, told me, "Your Majesty, you should occasionally take a three-day break at music festivals and such," so I took advantage of those words to come to the Bourbon Palace to listen to music and take a break.

Thanks to the fact that the remnants of the Orléans family in Le Mans quietly caused an event called "struggling gold ingots," in which spinning machines and steam engines were smuggled to the New World, I fell ill for three days with stomach pain after hearing the report. The expansion of factories in the Americas has also been temporarily halted due to concerns about technology leaks and security, and a review of trade relations has become urgent. Things don't go as smoothly as one would hope...

Well, today, I have never felt such a strong longing for music. My life before reincarnation was filled with music. TV, radio, smartphones, computers... When you touch an electronic device, music plays automatically. And in the modern world, if you wanted to hear a song, you could always download it in MP3 or WAV format through online shopping and connect it to your smartphone or computer, but here, a dedicated musician has to perform the song. In other words, I realized that music exists as something that is played only on special occasions and among the upper class.

Furthermore, in this era, there was no anime music that I loved, and there was no rock, metal, techno, EDM, jazz, or anything like that. The only thing that exists is classical music, including Baroque music. In this era, listening to live performances by cutting-edge musicians is truly amazing. There are no music players, so if you want to listen to a song, you have to hire a singer to sing it a cappella or scout someone who can play musical instruments to make music. In this regard, closing your eyes and enjoying the grand sensation while listening to live performances is truly intoxicating.

Being in the royal position, music performances by court musicians at banquets and social gatherings are truly wonderful. They are people who were hired as court musicians after a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, with incredible skills. They play perfectly without missing a single note, so talent must also be taken into account when it comes to musicians like them. It seems that a very famous musician, who is no less talented than these musicians, has come to Paris, so I came to listen to the live performance of that musician.

Initially, I thought we could listen to music in the Opera House of Versailles, which we used before. However, the Opera House was currently undergoing major renovations as they received feedback that the back rows had difficulty hearing during trial performances by court musicians. The equipment department has been bustling with activity, adjusting seat positions and spacing between seats, so I am on my way to the Bourbon Palace in Paris. I thought it might be nice to have Antoinette, Princesse de Lamballe, Madame Louise Marie, and even little Thérèse listen to music with me.