Christmas

(237)

"Santa Claus Grand Strategy ver. 2.37"

☆ ☆ ☆

December 12, 1775

.........

.........

Phew.........

I, Louis XVI, was busy with memories of hot nights and exercise.

Recently, Antoinette mentioned that Thérèse would like to have a sibling, and naturally, she wanted another child. I'm responding to her feelings, but it seems it will take some time to conceive the next child. It's still dark in the bedroom before dawn, so I hold Antoinette and think about what day it is today. Before my reincarnation, it was a happy day, but also a day that wasn't.

Yes, it's Christmas.

Everyone loves Christmas Day.

A certain famous singer's Christmas songs are playing all over the town, families with children are buying presents, and toy stores are competing for business during the Christmas season. Game shops and game sales websites offer discount sales, and I, a lover of gaming PCs, spend thousands of yen every year to hoard game software during this season... Most of them end up as backlog games within a few hours.

However, because Christmas coincides with the busy season, work becomes extremely hectic. Before and after Christmas, there's year-end work leading up to the new year, negotiations with business partners, meetings with transportation companies for year-end work, and issuing transport instructions. So, it's common for me to return home at around 01:00. If you make a significant mistake, like ordering errors, during such a busy period, a tour of apologizing to related companies with your boss is held to all the affiliated companies. I've experienced it once, and it was the worst tour of my life. I got so tired of going home that I decided to stay at a hotel near the office, but the business hotels were fully booked. Plus, it happened to coincide with the day when couples filled the hotels, so I was charged extra fees.

'Well... Christmas was still a major event... In the first year of my reincarnation, it was right after Louis XV died, and the country was in mourning... I guess I have to experience a Christmas event soon!'

The new year is coming soon, and today is Christmas Eve. Christmas will officially start from tomorrow. Santa Claus wants to ring jingle bells loudly and deliver presents to the children... Imagining Santa Claus distributing presents at the speed of a fighter jet, I can't help but laugh out loud.

I once read in a scientific verification book that if Santa Claus were to distribute presents equally to children all over the world, he would only have about 1,5 seconds per child to deliver the presents. So, it mentioned that he would have to drop presents at the speed of cluster bombs from a jet plane. Furthermore, it was also written that in such a case, the shockwave caused by Santa Claus passing by would blow out the windows of houses... Is the freaking Santa Claus a weapon or something...?

Well, leaving that aside, I'm really excited as I want to give Thérèse a Christmas present as well. Just like I loved receiving Christmas presents when I was a child, I want to give something to Thérèse.

Alright, I'd like to say, "Let's get excited for Papa Christmas!" ...but unfortunately, in this era, the figure known as Santa Claus isn't famous. Rather, religiously, it's the Epiphany on January 6 that is a bigger event, commemorating the manifestation of Jesus Christ before the people... And the French don't call it Christmas, we call it Noël. Also, the French continued with Christmas-related events from December 25 all the way to the conclusion with the Epiphany on January 6. So, it's all a season of celebration until then.