chapter 4

"Hey Taehyung, how are you today?" the doctor asked.

"Good," same answer as usual.

"So, will you tell me how you met Jungkook?" she asked the man in front of her.

He smiled.

Two years ago:
March

Kim Taehyung, the MD of Kim's Enterprises, one of the biggest multinational companies in South Korea. He recently returned from the UK, completing his studies, and is now the new MD of the company after the demise of his father.

"Mr. Kim Taehyung, how do you see the future of the company?"

"Mr. Kim, do you think you will be able to reach the success that your dad reached?"

"Mr. Kim, when are you getting married?"

All the questions bombarded the new MD in the press conference, and he answered them all with confidence. His demeanor was professional, not too rude, not too soft, just perfect.

"Welcome back, buddy," a man hugged the MD after the conference.

"Jimin, I am so tired," he said while pouting slightly.

"Bro, you are the MD now, of course, you will be tired, especially since you have recently taken the position. But eventually, you will get used to it," Jimin reasoned.

"Well, how are you doing?" he asked, smiling.

"Still an intern. My dad is never happy with my work, so, of course, he let me take an internship again. Like all my classmates, they are now my seniors."

"Then it's a cue for you to stop slacking off. Working," Tae said jokingly.

"Yeah, whatever. Well, I am off to my company. Goodbye."

Jimin left Taehyung's office.

Taehyung is standing in front of a building where his new apartment is. He looked at the huge building before entering it.

He entered the lift and saw a figure already present there but didn't raise his head to see who. He is not good at interacting with people, so he better avoids eye contact, but his peripheral vision always tends to bug him.

He saw the boy staring straight at him, which made him feel uncomfortable.

He pushed the button for his floor number.

"Are you stalking me?" the boy suddenly asked.

Taehyung was confused, his eyes widening. He didn't want people to misunderstand him as a bad person.

"No, no, no-," he panicked, looking at the boy. But when he saw the boy's expression, he was awestruck. A very pretty boy was standing in front of him, with big eyes, pouting lips as soft as cherries, red cheeks, and sun-kissed hair.

"Look, you're panicking because you're following me," the pretty boy accused Taehyung.

"No, you're mistaking me for someone else. I'm not stalking you."

"I saw you at the orphanage, then at the residential deaf school, and then in kindergarten. And now you're here in my building, pressing my floor number. Do you take me for a fool?"

"Tell me, has someone given you money to kill me?" he asked, squinting his eyes while his hands rested on his hips, standing in front of Taehyung. Taehyung felt intimidated for the first time, especially by a cute pretty boy.

"What a waste of looks. You could earn a lot of money with this face. Why would you kill people?" he frowned.

Taehyung didn't know how to feel in this situation; he was flustered by the comments of the pretty boy.

"WAIT...," the pretty boy gasped, his hand reached his lips dramatically, "Are you perhaps here to......?" he asked while putting his arms in a cross position, covering his chest and torso.

"W...wait...no, no, you're getting the wrong idea," Taehyung fiddled with his fingers, not knowing how to explain to the pretty boy that he is none of what he is accused of.

Suddenly, a ding sound surrounded the lift, indicating they had reached their floor.

Both of them entered the floor.

"Mr., if you try to do anything, I will kill you," the pretty boy took out a little nail cutter knife and pointed it towards Taehyung.

"I...I am telling the truth. I have recently shifted here, and today is my first day. Those meetings were totally accidental."

"Accidental? Do you take me for a fool? How can five meetings in a day be accidental?" the pretty boy asked, still pointing the little knife. Taehyung raised his arms in defense, indicating that he meant no harm.

"I...I don't know. I mean, I know it's totally logical what you are thinking, but trust me, I'm telling the truth," Taehyung said, slightly sweating.

The boy came closer to Taehyung; Taehyung felt his heartbeat quickening. Suddenly, tae  felt a strong force on his chest by the boy , but it did nothing to Taehyung. He saw the pretty boy running to the door of his apartment, pushing Taehyung with the intention that he would fall and buy him some time to reach his apartment.

Taehyung chuckled at the antics of the small boy and saw that his apartment was exactly opposite to the pretty boy's apartment, with their doors facing each other.

A smile adorned his features when he looked at the other's door and entered his apartment.

"So, it turns out he really lives here," the pretty boy mumbled, looking outside from the peephole in his door while tiptoeing to reach the right height. He was observing the outer lobby the entire time with a big knife in his hands.