chapter 6

"What do you do for a living?" Jungkook asked the male who was cooking in the kitchen while he was sitting on the counter with Tanni in his lap.

"I don't know how to explain, kind of a managing director of a company," Taehyung answered while flipping the omelet.

It's been 2 weeks since they became friends.

"What's that even mean?" the younger snickered, his eyes looking confused. Taehyung decided to name them as 'bewilderedly charming.'

"What do you do?" Taehyung asked, looking at the younger.

"Nothing, dropped out of university," Jungkook smiled and looked at Tae while patting Tanni's head.

This time, Taehyung didn't smile as he looked at the younger, as his eyes were not sparkling with the smile. He decided to name it as "vacant," and Taehyung despised it. He said nothing.

It's been 3 months of their friendship. It's June now.

Today they are going to an amusement park as punishment for Taehyung, as he forgot Tanni's first bark anniversary. No, Jungkook didn't know when Tanni first barked, but he made up a date himself and told the elder that he forgot it, and as a punishment, he had to take Jungkook to the amusement park. A silly excuse to hang out, but was Taehyung complaining? No.

In these three months, Taehyung kept naming his eyes, and he despised two: 'vacant' and 'lifeless.'

"Hyungie, I want to have so much fun today... like never before," Jungkook said.

Taehyung nodded, smiling as he looked at him. They had fun like never before, riding almost all the rides. Jungkook laughed like never before. His eyes sparkled when he looked at Taehyung, and Taehyung felt the need to name it but couldn't. He felt like going crazy when he couldn't name it.

"Hyungie, I want to drink," Jungkook said.

Taehyung nodded, smiling. "Why today?" he asked.

"I don't know, I want to have so much fun today," he said, with his eyes again 'vacant.' Taehyung's smile fell.

They had so much fun that night, drinking and singing.