chapter 5

Taehyung was in his house looking for his puppy but couldn't find him anywhere. He opened the door of his apartment only to hear giggles that sounded like the best music you listen to at night when you're all alone – the kind of music you need, not just want. In the same way, Taehyung felt the need to listen to these giggles coming from the pretty boy sitting in the lobby, a little away from the door, with Tae's puppy in his lap, playing with him, nose scrunching, and eyes closed. An automatic smile adorned Taehyung's face.

The puppy saw his dad and started barking excitedly. Jungkook looked over while still laughing but stopped when he saw Taehyung. The puppy ran to Taehyung, and Tae carried him, cradling him. Taehyung looked back at the pretty boy, only to see him still sitting and pouting, looking sad. Suddenly, Taehyung's smile faded.

The pretty boy stood up and walked towards Taehyung.

"Mr. Stalker, can I play with your puppy for a bit?" the pretty boy asked him. Taehyung was a bit taken aback.

"Yeah... you can come to my apartment to play," Taehyung said, smiling, but after a moment, he realized how wrong it might have sounded. "I mean, Tanni's toys are here. If you want, you can play with him," he quickly added.

"Okay," the pretty boy smiled, and that smile reached his eyes. His eyes sparkled, and bunny teeth poked from his lips. Taehyung felt the need to name the eyes of the boy. After thinking for a while, he decided to name them 'excited.'

Taehyung's breath hitched as he looked at the boy. The pretty boy took the puppy from the hands of the dumbfounded male, and their hands touched briefly, bringing Taehyung back from his daze.

"Jungkook," the pretty boy said softly.

"Yeah?" Taehyung asked, confused.

"My name is Jungkook," the pretty boy said, extending his hand for a handshake.

"Jungkook," Taehyung whispered and smiled. He loved to say that name – a pretty name for a pretty boy.

"I am Taehyung," he said, shaking Jungkook's hand and feeling a spark. When he saw Jungkook's eyes shining in a different way, Taehyung decided to name this as 'endearing.'